New York Trip

maison

Two friends and myself are planning a trip to New York around Halloween. We are trying to find out the most reasonably priced way to do things, espcially travel and accomodation for 6 nights (want to spend the dosh in Bloomingdales not on a fancy bed)

Anyone with any information on such would be greatly appreciated.

I stayed at La Quinta Manhattan a couple of times and it is clean and basic. Would recommend it as a modest hotel where you are sure to have clean sheets and good shower - It is also very central. Cant remember the street but its only a couple of blocks from Macys

We have found that hotel rooms for 3 in NY can be tight squeeze ... esp if you are factoring in lots of shopping bags. Going early may and taking an apartment near Times Square for a bit of extra space. EUR260 each for 4 nights. Will post update

I'd second the midtown area. Anytime I've stayed there I've alway felt safe and if it's your first visit you are close to everything.

If you go with a 3 star hotel you should get a reasonable price (especially when you consider the current exchange rate) but still have clean rooms etc.

Remember to check out Jersey Gardens and Woodbury Common.
Enjoy your trip.

try to get www.radiocityapartments.com if you can. Easily the best location, beside Times Square, Broadway, subways, etc. and at a great value price. They are so popular they need good luck to get into but well worth trying. Check the rave reviews on ! They are well equipped with small kitchen, fridge, etc. and right beside restaurants and delis and about 5 minutes from the Rockefeller Centre-stayed there several times and highly recommend!

Back