Holiday Insurance for OAP who had a heart attack 6 months ago?

polo1

Hi

I want to take my mother to Spain for a wks holiday in April and would like to get insurance to cover us. She had a heart attack and surgery (stents inserted) in november and december but is well now. Any ideas where I can get insurance to cover this trip for her please? We will have the E111 form.

Also another question I am 30wks pregnant - Will I be covered by insurance while I am away - have VHI and E111 form?
Thanks,

Sorry if this response is too late for your proposed trip, but in regard to travel insurance for your mother I recently purchased a policy for my Mother using Crotty Insurance in Sandyford, they sent a form which needed to be completed by the GP and then issued the premium, worldwide annual was €117 I think, found them quite professional, I'm not too sure what the status would be in your Mother's case thought as prior conditions are evaluated.

Hi
Dolmen Insurance in Artane will quote for your mother over the phone without any documents needed.

Hi
Saga also does insurance for older people with pre-existing conditions.
It's really important that all medical conditions are fully disclosed while getting insurance otherwise the insurance will be invalid, and will not be paid out, if there is a claim.
E1-11 form will cover you for emergency cover in a public hospital while away. You would need to check with VHI to see what their conditions of cover are
Regards
Nicola

its not a form E111 anymore. Its a little card like a credit card and you can get it online.

Back