Other Parents Association Liability insurance - any other options to Brennan

Complainer

Hi folks

It seems that Brennan Insurances have a deal with the National Parents Council to provide cover for affiliated Parents Associations for €160 p.a. (including €40 arrangement fee). This provides €6.5m cover for any one event or series of events with up to 500 attendees and €13m employers liability cover (though I can't imagine that many PAs actually employ anyone). They charge €220 for non-affiliated PAs for the same cover. See [broken link removed] for more details.

Are there any other options for getting similar cover elsewhere at better rates?

Allianz:

although I see that Brennan's is underwritten by Allianz.

With Allianz, if all pupils get the same cover in the school and if it is done online it qualifies for additional discounts.

ooops ... sorry Complainer ... I mis-read ... I jumped and saw 'pupil cover' in my mind's eye .... so my post is off the mark.

Last edited:
Hope y'all don't mind if I resurrect this issue, at it is the time of year that this policy comes up for renewal.

I've contacted a few other suppliers of PL insurance, and I can't find anyone to offer an alternative to Brennans. Is this a closed shop? Have PL insurance costs been rising or falling in recent years?

Can't find someone that provides an alternative or can find an alternative that is cheaper than Brennans? PL for the that type of risk has stayed fairly stationary in the last few years as its very low risk.

Can't find someone that provides an alternative or can find an alternative that is cheaper than Brennans? PL for the that type of risk has stayed fairly stationary in the last few years as its very low risk.
Thanks for the update on the costs. Has there been any sign of cost reductions?

I found a few PL suppliers via Google, but none of them were prepared to quote for this.

Back