Home Jewellery Insurance.

!RAY

Hi
Just got my wife's Jewellery valuation completed and with the price of gold and Diamonds at the moment they have increased a lot in value.
At the moment they are insured with the house insurance. Is it possible to insure the jewellery by itself and not have it attached to the house insurance.

Cheers
Ray

I stand to be corrected but work in a brokers and have yet to see a product that covers solely jewellery. I've only ever seen jewellers offer some form of accidental damage/extended warranty product for goods when bought new.

I think you are on a loser and are best off adding them to the house.

No. At least I've never heard of it. They are generally covered under specified all risks which attaches to house insurance. Less valuable items can be covered under unspecified all risks cover, but again as part of house insurance.

Bear in mind mark up that jewellers have.

You might get a valuation of €1000, but could replace second hand for €700.

Also bear in mind that if you go into jewellers shop to buy a high value item, you will get a discount of at least 10%, possibly more. The valuation tends to be at the higher side of the value of the item.

Thanks
The Jewellery is costing around 900 euro to insure the house is only 450 euro.
Have been told that Jewellery is high risk so it is only covered under house insurance.

Back