Home Home Insurance with GetCover.ie

C

CocoBean

Hi All,

I was looking for reviews for home insurance for GetCover.ie - they are about 1/2 the price of my current insurance. This makes me a little worried.

I see they got a bad review on travel insurnace but I've given up on travel insurnace a long time ago - it's all completely useless if you ask me.

Has anyone claimed with them recently?

Thanks

cant comment on them but just a few pointers.

Look at the policy document carefully and see what u getting.

I am wading through a 60 page house policy doc at the minute and the small print is frightening.

Give one or two examples.
The standard deductible is 250 so one would assume that this was standard across the policy.

No

Under the building cover section leaking oil is covered with a deductible of 500 euros

the contents cover has the same item and same deductible of 500 euro.

So suppose you have a spill and you claim, the first 1250 is deductible
250 + 500 + 500

The same applies for water damage and frost damage is excluded.

They offer a reduced premium if you take an increased deductible of 500 or 1000.

However this just replaces the 250 so if you have an oil leak you pay the first 2000 [1000 +500+ 500]

Check the smallprint. I had 1 years household cover with them - was about to renew (following shopping around) only to discover there was one aspect of my household circumstances they reckoned they didn't cover. I found that very annoying given that I could have ended up in a predicament had I had to claim during that year. I only had 2 weeks left on the policy and they were making a big deal of me not being insured - and that whilst they couldn't cover it, they wanted to make arrangements for someone else to cover it for me (at god knows what premium!).

Declare absolutely everything and read the fine print. This isn't just a mantra for getcover.ie - but for policies offered by ALL insurance companies.

You're incorrect in your assumption, one claims one excess!

Where we have imposed an increased excess, this voluntary excess will be in addition to the imposed excess.

Where any event results in a claim under more than one section of the Policy, the excess in each section of the Policy will apply.

Getcover home insurance. please help

Our TV was damaged accidentally over the summer period. Getcover.com was informed and they sent the file to OSG, a company appointed to handle their claims, the TV was collected 2weeks ago for accessment. I called them this morning to find out the outcome and the report says the tv is damaged beyond repair and it will be replaced but I have to pay €250 to the Engineers. I ve never heard of this before could anyone please explain it to me. The policy was in excess of €250 and what I ve ever known is that the insurance will pay you the value less the excess. Please help, there is no TV in the house since July.

Oakrise, Sounds like the €250 is the excess. If so, you pay over the excess and they give you a new TV

Back