€15k for short term deposit - but where ?

Woodville56

I have recently been gifted a sum of money (€15k after tax ded) and plan to use it shortly to fund renovations on my recently acquired new home. In the interim I'm looking for a quick access deposit a/c offering the best terms for the duration of the deposit - may be only for 1, 2 or 3 months. I prefer not to go for online banking options on this occasion and having examined Ciaran's updated short term deposit rate analysis I'm thinking of putting my €15 with KBC in their Smart Access A/c @ 2%. My personal day to day banking is with AIB but I don't see any similar or favourably comparable AIB rate for short term/ instant access non internet banking there. I know the interest which will accrue will be small as I expect to be drawing down the money as the various refurb jobs are underway, but I would still like to make the most of what I have in the interim . Any views on the KBC product I'm proposing as an interim home for my "gift " ?? or any other similar deposit products I should consider or be better advised to use ?
All advice welcome , thanks !

Back