water pressure from new taps

salaried

Hello all, We have just replaced our bath and bought new taps also. My wife reckons that the water flow is a lot slower than it is was with our old taps. Our plumber reckons it is the water pressure but our neighbours do not have the same problem. If it matters our shower has to be turned from high, to mid to low flow during a shower. I am at a loss as to why our pressure is lower than our neighbours so any help would be appreciated. PS do showrooms use pumps to exagerrate water pressure , Thanks in advance,Salaried.

Showrooms do use pumps. Some taps require pumps or good head pressure (the static pressure generated by the tank in the attic). The size of the pipe will also affect the performance of the taps. Bath taps are supposed to be piped in 3/4" pipe. What is the pressure like in the bathroom sink?

The taps you have put in are for the European market , where they have higher pressure water coming in or a pumped system. The flow is restricted in them to suit their water pressure. A pump will sort out your probllem on both the hot & the cold water

Thanks Monagt, Bertie, and Roamer for your replies. I have no idea which size pipe he used as I do not know a thing about plumbing. We were told that the taps were probably european imports and worked off of a different pressure by a heat merchant also. We have had a new bathroom suite fitted and the taps on the sink are the same as the ones on the bath and the pressure is not what it used to be there either. The job is not finished yet and we were wondering would we be better off changing the taps or getting a pump for the tank in the attic. Seriously thanks for your help lads, Regards Salaried.

Changing the taps will probably be the cheaper option, and won't leave you dependant on electricity for adequate water pressure.

We had a similar problem and got it sorted yesterday - the problem in our case was actually a small bit of dirt in the pipes going up to the tap!

Back