Rosslare to Le Harve by Ferry?

Laramie

Is there a ferry company that goes from Rosslare to Le Harve? I read somewhere that there is a weekly ferry on this route? Has anyone used this ferry and if so what was the sailing like and were the cabins comfortable? Is there an option to travel passenger only without car?

Without wishing to sound toooo patronising

Have you ever heard of Google?

I typed in "Rosslaire to l " and already found this

[broken link removed]

Thanks Buddyboy. Yes I did Google it and I did see that website. If you read down through it they are asking you to click here for the 2009 timetable, so I wasn't sure what the current story was. On the LD Lines website, referred to in your post, they refer to Rosslare/St.Nazaire but not Rosslare/Le Harve. You also have to read what Google throws back at you.

current routes from Ireland to France:

Rosslare - Cherbourg (Irish Ferries & Stena)
Rosslare - Roscoff (Irish Ferries)
Dublin - Cherbourg (Irish Ferries)
Cork - Roscoff (Brittany Ferries)

LD Lines' Rosslare - St Nazaire route has now ended and won't be back next year.
I don't think Irish Ferries have used Le Havre for quite some time.

Thanks Buddyboy. Yes I did Google it and I did see that website. If you read down through it they are asking you to click here for the 2009 timetable, so I wasn't sure what the current story was. On the LD Lines website, referred to in your post, they refer to Rosslare/St.Nazaire but not Rosslare/Le Harve. You also have to read what Google throws back at you.

Sorry Laramie, my apologies, I was having a bad day.

I am just back from France on the Cork-Roscoff Brittany Ferries Pont Aven. Two years ago I was on the Irish Ferrys Oscar Wilde from Rosslaire to Roscoff.

Either are fine boats, with the PA being a bit bigger, and therefore more comfortable. Walk-ons are fine, and they both have comfortable cabins. They both offer pull-man seats, but get a cabin if you can (about €79 each way for inside double-berth (with en-suite).

Also, if you can, get a cabin as close to the lowest deck, in the middle. It really makes a difference if it is a rough crossing (I can never understand the expensive cabins on the top deck, these get a real roller-coaster ride in rough weather).

Check the times as well. The PA is great - get on at 4pm Sat - arrive in France 6am Sun. Get on in France 9pm Fri - arrive in Cork 10am Sat.

Back