Interview while working

dodo

Quick question, I started a new job on contract 2 weeks back and a job I had applied for during my hunt for work which would be my preferred choice has asked me to come for 1st interview this Tues which I have managed to get around with a little fib, as the jobs are a distance from each other if I am called for round 2 and 3 interviews I can't go on lunch times etc as each interview is in region 1-1.5 hrs and to get to and from the interview would take about 1.5 hrs, so total time min 3 hrs,
I can ask if they do very early/late interviews but if not what should I do, also should I mention I have started a contract job ,or would they question loyalty as if I got offered job then I would have to leave current job without finishing my contract, would it look back,
the job I going for it permanent position,

cheers

Sounds like you have the first interview sorted - I wouldn't cross the other bridge until you reach it - just concentrate on getting called back for a 2nd interview before you stress about arranging it. In relation to saying you have started a contract job - I would mention it if you have to but most employers would understand that a permanent job will always be more attractive.

The question of whether you are currently employed will probably come up at your interview, I think it would be fine to say you are working under a contract but are much more interested in a permanent job. As others have stated it is completely understandable to prefer a permanent job to a contract job, and also you can use it to emphasise how much you prefer to be committed long term to an employer, you enjoy being more invested and getting to have a long-term vision, etc.

Back