Did anyone of you open an account with one the biggest german banks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you open the A/C's? Commerzbank keep mailing me back that I must communicate in German and the other one has no email address on the website.

I have an appointment with Deutsche Bank (Unter den Linden) on Monday. I will let you know how I get on!

website

I found info on this website - deutsche-bank.de - it looks genuine but can anyone confirm?

Had a look again at the link treasure posted and it is suspicious in that their appears to be no 'contact us' link to be found on it other than sumitting the form.

Most reputable sites/organisations would have a 'contact' link. There is a contact link for 'students' but not quite the same thing.
It does have the https but I wouldn't reply on that.

I smell a rat:(

Contrast and compare this link for [broken link removed] with the very sparse link posted by treasure.

Can somebody explain why they think that link is suspicious? Are you saying the whole www.deutsche-bank.de site is possibly fake or just specifically the contact form link that myself and treasure received by email? They both look like they're on the same domain to me?

I filled out that form too so I'm worried if something might be amiss with it.

I was just suspicious of the fact that at least two people had replied to the website and, had not received any acknowledgement.

Having looked at all these post and the hassle of an account in Germany or wherever
Best options seems to be keep your Euro cash under the bed
and if they bring back the Punt you have your Euros

Having looked at all these post and the hassle of an account in Germany or wherever
Best options seems to be keep your Euro cash under the bed
and if they bring back the Punt you have your Euros

Again, it is a bad idea to have cash around your house.

There are low hassle options such as:
1) A Keytrade account in Belgium.
2) An Ulster Bank account in NI, which can be opened in the ROI.
3) A Nationwide International account on the IOM which can be opened by post.

If you get in touch with them treasure can you let us know if they require you to travel there to open the account :)

If you get in touch with them treasure can you let us know if they require you to travel there to open the account :)

I would also like to know - also when I spoke to Frankfurt last week I was told the minimum was €100,000! Very confusing!!

Also I'd like to know about the options - deposit interest rates, flexibility, access etc. Do you also have to open a current a/c at the start and pay the monthly fees or can you open one when you start to withdraw?

Btw, for anyone worried about the safety of the website and contact details - you have to go to DB's office in Dublin to get your paperwork certified.

Btw, if you have never been to Berlin before it is well worth the trip! Really puts Dublin and our "wealth" into perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back