Key Post Key Post: Bathrooms/Showers

S

sueellen

My shower pump has given up on the hot water side i.e. the cold water still pumps fine, but there's now no power on the hot water. Had a plumber out who said I need a new pump. Got a spare pump from a friend (who happened to have a spare one in his house)... however the plumber (a different one, because the first one stood me up on 2 occasions) said my friend's pump was a 'positive head' one and I needed a 'negative head' pump. I've checked google and as far as I can make out a 'negative head' pump is needed where the pump is either level with or below the shower head (which is the case in my apartment).

So, a few questions:

-Does the above make sense.. am I being told the right thing (I know it's impossible to know exactly without seeing the pump itself but I'm just wondering if that chain of events and subsequent advice makes sense on its own).

-Where's the best place to get such a pump? How much should I be paying?

-Are there other features I should be asking for on the pump (other than 'negative head'), or features I will be asked to decide on (I saw something on the web about automatic switching, and manual switching??)... or are there simply bog-standard negative head pumps in the relevant providers?

Reason I'm asking here and not asking all this off my plumber (or in the providers) is my distrust generally of tradesmen/providers... sorry to the majority of genuine ones out there, but I've been cheated before and when it's an area I have no clue of, I have no way of knowing if the advice I'm getting is incorrect and/or biased.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Shower Pump

Hi Tara,

Sorry to hear about your problems with your shower. I note that you do not state the make of same.

We had a strong recommendation from another poster some time ago regarding a repairer for Triton showers if that's of any use to you and their details are
Earthridge International
Dowdstown, Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
Tel: 01 6286711.

These people Smallman's Plumbing Supplies might be able to provide some helpful info if you are based in Dublin on possibly any make of shower.

shower pump

ok tara i am stumped here,

are the pumps located in the same unit?if not where exactly

2. is it a power shower you have?

3. make of pump shower etc

4. how much is the new pump the plumber is offering to put in for?

i will be back

shower pumps

Ok, im a plumber

"Does the above make sense.. am I being told the right thing (I know it's impossible to know exactly without seeing the pump itself but I'm just wondering if that chain of events and subsequent advice makes sense on its own)"

Yes

"Where's the best place to get such a pump? How much should I be paying?"

Any good plumbers merchant. Expect to pay around €600 for a good quality negative head pump.

"Are there other features I should be asking for on the pump (other than 'negative head'), or features I will be asked to decide on (I saw something on the web about automatic switching, and manual switching??)... or are there simply bog-standard negative head pumps in the relevant providers?"

No,

"Reason I'm asking here and not asking all this off my plumber (or in the providers) is my distrust generally of tradesmen/providers... sorry to the majority of genuine ones out there, but I've been cheated before and when it's an area I have no clue of, I have no way of knowing if the advice I'm getting is incorrect and/or biased"

Sorry to hear about your paranoia.

Shower pump

Many thanks for the replies.

The shower I think is a miralux mixer shower. I don't know the make of the current pump. (Reason I don't know these is that the apartment is rented to tenants, and I won't have a chance to go over there until tomorrow to confirm the details).

The pump sits on the floor outside the hot water tank and is connected to the 'all-in-one' hot water cylinder/cold water cistern that is in my 'hot-press' in the apartment. Probably don't have the lingo correct there, but hope you know what I mean.

When I bought the apartment new about 4 years ago, I got the shower put in. I'm not sure if the pump came specially for that, or if it was already installed as part of the standard installation in the apartment.

The plumber I had over recently advised me to get the pump myself, as he suggested if someone offerred to supply one they would probably add a lump on.

In any case, your responses have let me know what I need to do (unless anything I've said above changes things?). Many thanks. Glenamaddy, I think my paranoia has now subsided a little! So, based on your advices, I'll head to one of the plumbing suppliers, get a negative head pump (around €600 being my benchmark) and get the plumber to install it. Any clues how much it's going to cost to get the pump installed?

Re: Shower pump

"Any clues how much it's going to cost to get the pump installed?"

it depends on the new pump, if pipework and electrics has to be altered it will cost more, i would suggest getting the exact same make and model pump that is in situ.

let me know how you get on.

Shower Pump

Well I eventually got the shower pump fixed, but what a saga!

The two plumbers I had over both told me I needed a new pump. Fine. I was to get the pump myself (about €600 from Chadwicks), and they would install for €150-€200. So €800 in total. Hmmmm. But neither plumber returned calls when I rang back to arrange (actually one arranged a time but stood me up). I was about to ring a 3rd plumber to arrange a time to install a new pump when I bumped into a neighbour of mine. I mentioned to him the problem with the pump. He then said he had had a similar problem, but didn't need to get a new pump installed. He gave me the number of the plumber who did the job. I rang the plumber, who it seems has done a couple of jobs in the apartment block. He told me over the phone, without prompting, that I wouldn't need to get the pump replaced. It simply needed a service! He was free to call over the next day. He was there at 4.10pm (with apologies for not making the 4pm agreed time!), and fixed the pump in 20 minutes.

The problem is that this service differs so unbelievably from the advice (and cost, and my time and hassle) given by the first two plumbers, that my paranoia has not abated....! Sorry glenamaddy!! However, the good thing is I now have an excellent plumber I can call on. Glenamaddy, any ideas how to avoid the cowboys in future?

shower

Apropos of showers...Saw some nice ones in Homebase with jets selling for about e680.
Can Glenamaddy or anyone else tell me in general if these need serious water tanks in the attic or crazily-expensive pumps? Just starting to look and am a bit of a novice in this department.
Thanks

shower pumps and the like

I would suggest getting a competent plumber to survey your house before launching into purchasing a shower.

The implications of a multijet showers are enormous

They use a massive amount of water, requiring huge cold water tanks and hot water storage (cylinder).

Normal shower doors are not designed for the volume of water.

Do not believe what salepeople tell you, they are not plumbers

Some other posts

teachdeas
Bathroom - one stop shop for plumbing and tiling-suggestions

Hi - want to update my bathroom - I'd like to be able to get all done by one provider.
Any suggestions welcome.

coolaboola
Frequent poster
Re: Bathroom - one stop shop for plumbing and tiling-suggest

I highly recommend Compass Bathrooms on the 199, Kimmage Road, Kimmage, Dublin Ph: 01-4927879.

They did our bathroom a couple of years ago, including ripping out and disposing of our old pink bathroom suite and *two* layers of floor-to-ceiling pink wall tiles, replastering, installing new bath, sink and loo (each from a different range and supplier - I'm fussy and wanted to mix'n'match), tiling wall and floors, custom-building a vanity unit (into which they installed the sink), tongue-and-groove bath panel, wall cabinet and little bookshelf (every good bathroom should have one!) all of which were based on my own design and drawings, all plumbing and installing an electric shower, three spotlights, extractor fan, extra vent (we had had mildew problems previously) and wall-mounted heater.

The total came to c. €5,000 (incl. labour and materials). They were prompt in addressing any snags (and thankfully there weren't any) and were professional in their approach and attitude (none of this 'Oh, I don' know abou' tha' missus, ya can' do tha'' crap). I was and continue to be very pleased with the results.

Rex222
Mira Elite 2 Electric shower

We have a guy lined up to install an electric shower. However he only supplies one shower type (which you must go with). The shower is a Mira elite 2. Does anybody have any experience with this shower? Is it very loud when in use? Any problems with it. He is charging 500 to supply and fit the shower and all electrics etc...Any advice appreciated.

sueellen
Re: Mira Elite 2 Electric shower

I see from http://www.modernplant.ie/ that it is pumped which is IMHO the most important aspect. Mira does normally carry a good reputation.

Can't vouch for same as we have a Triton ourselves which can be quite noisy but we are used to it at this stage.

Price seems quite reasonable.

garryks
Re: Mira Elite 2 Electric shower

I have a mira elite 2, has been ok for the past 2.5 years. One warning which goes for all pumped showers really - we live in a hard water area and the lime scale can play havoc with this type of shower. The head easily blocks, but also the heating element becomes coated, which means you turn the heat up (actually slow the water down so it has more time to heat up), which can cause the safety-over-heat-trip to cut off the power to the heater. This happend to ours and the over-heat-trip is something you need to have replaced by your shower guy at a cost of about 50euro. His advice at the time (and its in the paperwork you'll get with the shower unit) is to always turn the temp control to cold for 20 seconds before turning off the shower. This means the element has time to cool down and won't cause the over-heat-trip to be set off if you just turn the shower off and the water heater tank sits there with full of hot water and a very hot element.

We also got a water softener for the whole house which resolved our own particular issue.

razzie
En-suite Shower

We're considering of installing an en-suite in the master bedroom of our 27-year-old 3-bed semi-d, after taking out the fitted wardrobes between the 2 bedrooms. Not sure if that's the job for the builder or plumber?? Anyone out there ever tried that conversion job - installing a WC can be tricky, I suppose?

Razzie

stobear
Frequent poster
Re: En-suite Shower

I would definetly get a plumber in, making the space available would be something you could do, ie removing the wardrobes, as they are probably stud walls there, a messy job but not daunting. A plumber will need to tap into the water system to feed the shower and run lines from the attic. A sparks might be required as well if you want an electric shower

glenamaddy

Watch the route for the shower waste and 4" soil (off the WC).

Also watch the run of the joists.

I have done several of these including my own last year.

steamy

install an extractor fan

sueellen
Extractor Fan

Installing an extractor fan is a very good idea because you will most likely have condensation problems if you don't.

Try to vent it out of the house altogether.

bobthenonbuilder
shower door

Our ensuite is 900mm wide, which means that the shower tray (900x900) fits perfectly into the space.
The plaster board starts above the tray. Tiles then go over the plaster board.

My question is this: how do I know what size shower door to use. It should go on the fourth side of the shower tray. Most shower doors seem to be 760mm to 800mm?

txs

Northie
RE: Shower Door

Hi BTnonB,

Check out some of the following:

www.imageshowers.com/
Also talk to Davies bathrooms, and some of the Plumbers suppliers.

As far as I know both these also make to order

glenamaddy
shower doors

Find out from the builder what make and model the shower tray is.

From experience, most doors will not fit trays unless they are from the same manufacturer or unless the tray is 800 x 800.

golfmad
Bathroom Suites

Can anyone recommend where I might get a modern bathroom suite at a reasonable price.
Looking for something with a bit of wow factor to it,but don't want to spend a small fortune!

Marie
Frequent poster
Bathroom Suites
-
As it happens, I've just been browsing Armitage Shanks' website as I want to buy a smaller-than-average Victorian-style roll-top bath. Go to http://www.armitage-shanks.co.uk/ (www.armitage-shanks.co.uk/)
Have a look at the section called "The Blue Book" (particularly delicious). The prices all seem reasonable to me for such good design and quality and I'm sure your local plumbing outlet can order in the model you decide on (I have no connection with A-S)

Tall Chapy
Frequent poster
Re: Bathroom Suites

Bathroom outlet store just off the kylemore road, ballyfermot
turn just before budget decor

gerry
Frequent poster
Bathroom Suites

[broken link removed]in Drogheda are worth a look.

Some other posts

Bren
Where to get xtra small sink and loo

Has anyone seen a really compact loo and sink anywhere to fit into a cramped space for a downstairs loo. I'm thinking of one of those corner fitted sinks or possibly one thats almost flush to the wall. I'm in Dublin. many thanks.

Elderdog
Sunk sink

We got a weeny sink from PlumbCentre. They seem to have several branches

Really neat some of it sunk into the wall though I dare say you dont have to do that if you dont want to

Be careful about shrinking the loo - unless you are certain the people using it are going to be small Maybe one where the back of the bowl is up against the back wall ? - I guess there should be a good few like that

eDog

extopia
Frequent poster
small units

Go to Davies or any other major plumbing store and ask about the "Space" range from Ideal Standard. They do some very compact units. Don't expect the price to be smaller though - in fact they are quite a bit more expensive than standard sized units.

gerry
Frequent poster
small units

Bathrooms 2000 in Drogheda have a good space saving range including Space also the Bathroom place beside Friarsland in Clonskeagh

okidoki987
Frequent poster
Changing a wash hand basin

Getting a new wash hand basin after a piece fell out of the old one. The old one had a double tap but the new one can only be supplied with seperate single taps. Anybody any ideas as to how easy or hard the job will be as I'll have to do it myself?
Tx

EAMONN66
Re: HELP WANTED

first cut off thewater supply.
chances are the original water pipes are bent and soldered . you can cut the pipes back a bit and buy two 2 braided flexible hoses and use them to join the original pipes to the new taps . the whole job should take an ho

heinbloed
2 taps

Every sink with two taps can be converted to "one tap only" simply by using a mixing tap and a stop to close the surplus whole.The stops come in various colors incl. chromium and are fixed easily,costs about €1.B&Q used to have them in stock,but most plumbers would be able to help.

northie
Power showers and body jets

Hi All,

Hoping someone out there has as expensive tastes as my hubbie.

Have managed to convince him out of a jacuzzi bath, but now he thinks we can spend the money on gadgets for the shower.

We were already looking at a Thermostatically controlled pump shower with a 1.5 bar pump.

Over the weekend he got looking at one with individual body jets, however they need a 3 bar pump (which in turn needs a larger cylinder) and will add over a grand to the cost.

Anyone have them, or looked at them?

Thanks

legend99

I was mad keen too...but like you when my wife saw the cost she was not so pleased....not much point raving about your shower when i told her the cost.

The guy in the shop, who I vaguely know...steered me away from the whole body jet set-up. He said you go through a lorry load of hot water...not practical if you have say 3 people showering in the morning. The ways around it are to have a rapid recovery cylinder but as you say you're going down the road of big costs. Or you might have one of those boilers that gives out hot water on demand.

He recommended one of these guys that has an integrated pump. Still needs the hot water supply but not as bad obviously...
[broken link removed]

Even though I'd love the jacuzzi bath and body jets meself! Still, as we maybe don't intend staying here for the rest of our days maybes its not worth it...lot of it depends on budget...and mine wasn't big enough sob sob.

Incidentaly, was only staying in a hotel in Dublin on Tuesday night that had one of those showers that I linked to...and I have to say it was a very powerful shower!

Bobby

Just recently found out about this crowd www.designerbathrooms.ie/ Haven't used them but prices at least seem good.

efm1
Re: ..Power Showers - Noisy

Not meaning to bump this thread but just came across it now.

We had a power shower installed in our new build house (1.4 bar pump I believe).

It's a great shower, really invigorating, but the problem is the noise of the pump !!

Pump is in the hot press and wakes the whole house every morning (including 8 month old baby who isn't happy !!). - Also, we barely get 2 showers out of the hot water in the tank (standard size tank for 4 bed house).

In addition we were ripped off by the plumber who installed it - he fleeced us on the price of the parts and the installation !!

I still love the shower but the wife thinks it's a waste of time & money

efm

glenamaddy
Re: Power showers and body jets

Quote efm1 "In addition we were ripped off by the plumber who installed it - he fleeced us on the price of the parts and the installation !!"

Can you expand on that please?

efm1
Ripped Off?

Glenamaddy, I'm glad you asked that !!

I'll try and be brief

Situation : New House / New Build / Largish New estate in Co Wicklow - Buyer (me) wanted additional work done on plumbing before closing - Builder happy to accommodate but specified the site plumber only, for insurance reasons (I had no issue with this and am happy to pay full VAT price for works by all sub contractors to get extras completed before closing).

Met with plumber - we agreed that we would pick and price the sanitary ware and other extras we wanted and he would then get everything at trade prices for us (ie cheaper)

Result - Charged me higher than high street prices on 2 items (Bristan Taps), charged me same price but lower spec for shower head but the best one is he ordered two toilets WITHOUT toilet seats - when asked he said "oh, I thought you were getting them yourself" - result was that the headline figure of costs looked cheaper than high street but in reality was more expensive (approx 250 euro more)

In addition he charged me 1,000 euro before VAT to install and connect the pump and shower head for the power shower - this was not a difficult install as hot press is central and the bathroom was adjoining it. Also charged additional 500 Vat for install of the rest of the sanitary ware.

Unfortunately, I didn't check the underlying figures on the invoice before agreeing to the work - my fault as I was trying to organise electrician, foreman, solicitor, painter, kitchen etc etc plus a one month old baby and a stressed out wife !

Was I ripped off ?

efm

heinbloed
ripped off?

Yes.

car
ripped off?

Another story that others can learn from. Had a mira shower that was leeking at the handle where you turn it on. Got 2 plumbers out for quotes, 1 quoted 600e, the other 550e, both said the unit was shagged and needed to be replaced. To be fair it was and still is old. Rang Mira on the naas road to see how much they were new, turned out they were 300e BUT they had a service kit for 10e that had instructions in it. It had lots of bits and bobs like little rubber seals, screws and nuts. Got it, took an hour to install, leak fixed, and saved meself 600e. jobs oxo.
Anyway, both plumbers were going to charge me 250-300 euro to fit. Good one lads.

Some other posts

piggy
Very frequent poster
How much for installing a new shower?

Does anyone know (ballpark figures) what it would cost to install a new shower in a bathroom?
The bathroom already has a bath and the shower would just be one of those tiled bottoms and two glass walls either side. I must admit to not knowing squat about these things and how much they cost.

I've a feeling this was asked before but could a carpenter do the installing or do you need a plumber? The carpenter in question is a bit more than that...more of a handyman/ jack of all trades but he's on holiers right now so I can't ask him and need to sus out costs etc asap.

Thanks.

Summer
Shower

The enclosure and tray will cost about €850 (basic). Try and get a porcelin tray as plastic will not withstand weight and can cause leakages down the side. The next decision will be whether you would like a power shower or an electric shower. These on their own, supplied and fitted can cost another €600 +. If you decide to opt for a power shower, check the size of your hot water tank. Electric showers are very economical but do not have the same pressure as the power showers. An electrican will fit either as will most plumbers.
p.s. it may be necessary to fit a pump/earth

piggy
Very frequent poster
Re: Shower

Thanks a lot Summer. Exactly what I was looking for. Possibly more expensive than I thought mind you!

Summer
Shower

Piggy,
Have a look at [broken link removed] - Shower Enclosure with C control D910C
Overhead rain shower
Shower head with 3 spray options
9 Hydro massage jets
Electronic control panel
Radio
Internal light
Extractor Fan
Built in seat
I have no connection with this supplier, just dreaming!

piggy
Very frequent poster
Re: Shower

Thanks Summer. Looks nice. I'm guessing I'd need to remortgage to get it though

TallChapy
Shower

Piggy,

Shower Inclosures vary from shop to shop
€300 - €2000+
Recommend Merlyn and ceramic tray.

Showers vary.€120 - €600
Pumps showers are fed of your heating system, so you will need the boiler to be to have hot water usually.Great water pressure though.
Electric Showers. Instant hot water
Mains fed - Main drawback usually if somebody else in the house uses the cold water supply ie: kitchen or washing machine.This can drop pressure and effect temperature.
Tank Fed
No real problems.
The main problem with electric showers are that they can be a little noisy and pressure is not as strong as a pumped shower
I have a Triton T90 9.5kw.

As for cost..
Nixer Plumber €500 - €600 (This includes any pipework and fittings)Actually this price is for fitting a bathroom suite.
Nixer Electrician - to fit MCB/RCD €50 - €100 (This includes MCB/RCD)
Don't tell Rainyday I told you...;)

Falcon on a previous issue had his done by the brother in law for €100

Best of luck..

piggy
Very frequent poster
Re: Shower install

Thank you very much Tall Chappy. That's a lot of good info there.

cullenswood
Frequent poster
Fitting a Shower Door

Hi,

I have bought a Shower Door/Screen thingy that goes along the edge of a bath, and was wondering how difficult it would be to fit myself. I dont have a whole lot of experience in DIY but being a new home owner am doing a lot more than I used to, so I am willing to give it a try.

Basically what I wanted was any tips or pitfalls that I should look out for while fitting it. I will have to drill through tiles to fit it but dont think that should be a problem?? ( I got one of those special drill bits that is supposed to go through tiles)

Thanks

Hansov
Re: Fitting a Shower Door

Never done it but a little piece of advice! Make sure that you use silicone sealant to prevent leaks. I had a door fitted last year and discovered recently by looking at my kitchen ceiling that it wasn't sealed properly. Best of luck

Some other posts

amelia
What shower/low water pressure

Can anyone recommend what type of electric shower to use with alleviate the problem of low water pressue.

thanks

legend99
Very frequent poster

Switch to either a pumped shower, or get something like the Mira Elite 2. The Elite 2 is actually fed by the tank in your attic, not the mains, and has its off pump. Also, it doesn't need hot water, it heats as well as pumping.
Most other more exotic pumped showers(that obviously give better pressure again, enoough to knock your bits and pieces out of line) need to be fed hot and cold water. They do not heat it.

amelia
shower pressure

thanks leg99, yea it is a mira, but not an elite..ok sounds like thats what I need, I do need an electric that heats the water..I'll check that out.

heinbloed
pressure

Try to connect the shower to the main water pipe,that usually eliminates the problem.

amelia
shower..

Thanks for that, I contacted the plumber and he said he will connect to the mains for me.....any idea why he didnt do this to begin with or are you not supposed to......

decbuck
Re: shower..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
************* BE CAREFUL **********************

a lot of electric showers you are not allowed to connect to mains direct.

I recently got a triniton t90si and it clearly states not to connect to mains water.

Just make sure this is not the case with yours. It might work ok, but also might be dangerous in the long run.

Our shower is connected to tanks but the pressure is fine. In saying that the bathroom is nearly directly below the tank. There is only about 4 metres of polyflex used from the tanke to the shower unit.

heinbloed
re:shower

Hi decbuck!
Reading the label-and understanding it-is indeed important.On the EU continent non-pressure systems(tank in the attic) are virtually not known,I saw them in Jamaica for the first time, some sort of British third world system,outdated,unhygienic and unnecessary provided there is enough pressure on the mains.Rule of thumb:if you can close the main pipe(the opened kitchen tap) with your thumb/finger than there is not enough pressure .
And why is your plumber not telling you?Vested interests.
The more he installs the more he earns.

legend99
Very frequent poster

The Triton TS90 is the same as the Mira Elite 2, just a different manufacturer. Both of these have their own pump so come off the tank and do not rely at all on mains pressure.

Son of Jarel
Bathrooms?

Hi all - I would appreciate if anyone could make a recommendation on bathroom stuff.

I'm looking for something in particular - a large bathtub - NOT a jacuzzi or whirlpool or corner bath, just an oversized rectangular bathtub.

The average size seems to be about 1700L x 700D x 900W so I was wondering if anybody knew where to get something a bit bigger without getting into jacuzzi territory (sorry, I just think they're tacky!)

EvilDoctorK
Frequent poster
Bath measurements

Standard Bath size seems to be 1700 Length X 700 Wide (dont' know what /if any the standard depth is)

1800x800 is relatively easy to get also

Larger than 1800x800 (or 1800x850) is not easy to find ... and remember if you're getting a bigger bath you'll probably need a bigger water tank .. not much point in getting a big bath if you can only half fill it !

Most manufacturers quote the capacity of the bath in Litres - this is a useful measurement too ... you can get quite large baths in 1700x700 size if they have straight sides and good depth .. consider this too.

Chrisb
Re: Bath measurements

I just queried Dublin Providers in Cork about upgrading the bath in my house. They said the allowance for the standard 5'6" long bath was €100 and that for an extra €200 I could get a 6'6" long one.

EAMONN66
Frequent poster
Re: Bath measurements

homebase have a terrific double rectangular bath on sale at the moment the dimensions are 1.25m *1.9m and it costs about 750 or 1400 inc jets

dexiesmidnightrunners
reglazing bath

anyone any experience in reglazing baths, toilets etc as a cheaper way to replacing

-cost ?
-good result, or can you still faintly see original colour (pink) under the new white?
-recommend anyone to do it?

thanks

EAMONN66
Frequent poster
Re: reglazing bath

1000E would get you a nice new modern suite which must be a cheaper idea than revamping a 70's monstrosity

rogermure
Re: reglazing bath

We've had Renubath repaint a bath in a rented house twice it lasts about seven years of daily use by 4 people it is also has the shower fitted and looks very proffesional.
The cost of removing and dumping old bath would have been greater than two repairs.
I do not have any experience of basins and toilets repainted. But We are very pleased with the bath.

Roger

Bathroom Refurb

Hello, I am hoping to tear out my old inherited canary yellow bathroom suite and replace it with something white. I plan to refurbish the whole bathroom and need to knock an internal wall to bring the toilet into the main bathroom. Does anyone have any suggestions on who would do this in Dublin South and where I could buy a nice bathroom suite for reasonable money. Thank you.

Re: Bathroom Refurb

Hello danaforever, I had some work done by Joe Donnelly - 085 129 2628 and was pleased (no connection with him). I got lots of stuff in Chadwicks in Sandyford Ind Est - staff there very helpful and prices good.

We were in Absolute Bathrooms in Kilmacanogue (near Avoca Handweavers) recently and picked up a Sonas Bathroom Collection brochure - they have lots of special offers with, for example, a 4 piece bathroom suite for €454 (not including taps).

Their website is here, but doesn't give much info. You could call Absolute Bathrooms on 01 276 5689 or have a look round their showroom. We dealt with a guy called Will who was very helpful.

Hi

I am looking at a complete refit on an ensuite bathroom and had a quote and 3d graohics provided by this crowd:

[broken link removed]

very good service - they also do everything, supply and fit plumbing and tiling....3d pictures are reaaly great

However to be honest the cost stopped me in my tracks, (roughly €6k) but I have also priced up individually buying the units, tiles, getting a plumber and tiler etc and it all comes in around the same maybe slightly higher for the convenience of a one stop shop...

post back to let us know how you get on and what kind of price you get it done for.

cheers

Back