Problem with children taking stones from driveway

shopgirl

The local kids take the stones from my driveway - that I can live with, however, now they are throwing them at passing cars. Any ideas on how to discourage this? Thought if I pour some kind of strong smelling liquid on the stones, it might put them off if it leaves a nasty smell on their little hands! Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would avoid putting anything on the stones you will have to live with the smell and don't forget you will drag into the house on the soles of your shoes. Likewise if anything happens the hands you will be responsible for that too.

Tackle the problem head on, observe the drive way some evening and go out immediately when you see them removing any. If they are locals you will probably know the parents so if tackling them doesn't work go down the parent route. Shouldn't come to this.

Last resort concrete/tarmac the driveway - like to see them pulling that up.

They are local kids but don't actually live on my road so don't know them or their parents. I have asked them several times not to take the stones, I am blissfully ignored!

The local kids take the stones from my driveway - that I can live with, however, now they are throwing them at passing cars. Any ideas on how to discourage this? Thought if I pour some kind of strong smelling liquid on the stones, it might put them off if it leaves a nasty smell on their little hands! Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

rottweiller

Thanks

Are these kids without sin ?

I had the bizarre problem once of children stealing the metal valve covers off my car tyres. I thought I was losing them until I caught the little blighters red-handed, and in broad daylight sneaking up the drive and taking them. I came out doing my Miss.Trunchbull impersonation and told them in no uncertain terms that if I found them in my drive again I would be down to the garda station with their names, (I hadn't a clue who they were). One of them burst into tears and they very quickly ran off - never to be seen again.

Back