Raised Bath or Sunken Bath

joshea

Anyone got thoughts on the pros and cons of having the bath raised or sunken as an added feature in standard home bathroom

Kind redards
J

Might sunken be dangerous for kids? I like the idea of a sunken bath, notwhithstanding my previous comment!

I'm considering the same, the safety aspect as highlighted by David Dublin is a concern but I am now thinking of going with a semi-sunken bath and possibly adding a rail around it.

A sunken bath I think would be kind of awkward to get into, unless you have steps down to it, have to lower yourself down and lift yourself out of it, like a pool, whereas a raised bath with teh mosaic around it style, seems more practicle.

I have never had a sunken bath, but I love the look of a bath that sunken in a raised platform. You usually see these next to a window or in a corner and have a few steps up to them and then the bath is sunken in the floor. I think it makes an amazing feature. And you would not have to worry about the safety feature.

I do think it would be much harder for an adult to give small children a bath in a sunken tub, would be much harder on the back. If this is to be the only bath in the house I think it might be a bad idea, but if it is say in an en-suite I think it could be a great feature.

If you go for a sunken bath ensure there is access to taps, you may have a leak or wish to change them in the future.

Back