Bord Pleanala?

volcano

I am interested to find out people experiences of BP as we might need their expertise this year. Have you had good experiences or were you unhappy with your outcome. We were hoping BP would be fair in their decision We are not happy with a proposed ridge height of a two storey house which will be 2 to 2 and a half metres over our single storey house. It will only be 100 metres away, if that, and will over look our property and garden. Our house is the only one in the immediate area. We are not happy of course that this has not been taken into cosideration in our opinion.

It will only be 100 metres away, if that, and will over look our property and garden. Our house is the only one in the immediate area. .

Sound like you don't want neighbours...10m away would be one thing but 100m...the Bord won't spend more than five minutes on this case.

I am interested to find out people experiences of BP as we might need their expertise this year. Have you had good experiences or were you unhappy with your outcome. We were hoping BP would be fair in their decision We are not happy with a proposed ridge height of a two storey house which will be 2 to 2 and a half metres over our single storey house. It will only be 100 metres away, if that, and will over look our property and garden. Our house is the only one in the immediate area. We are not happy of course that this has not been taken into cosideration in our opinion.

I presume ye have already made an objection and it was ignored ?

Before you go running to BP, understand that appealing to BP will severely delay your neighbours construction and you will soon be known as the 'neighbours from hell' by them and maybe within the community...I've seen it happen...Have you tried a reasonable discussion with neighbours yet ?

My own personal view is that BP are appaling. We objected to our neighbour (less then 6 feet away) building a large extension out the back of his house and converting a bungalow to a dormer (it would have been the only dormer in an estate of bungalows). County council refused permission, neighbour appealed, BP examiner came out, looked at the entire situation, recommened to BP that planning permission be refused for the exact same reasons as the council had and what did BP do? they ignored the councils view and the view of their own examiner and granted planning permission.

We ended up having to sell as the entire side of our house would have been in darkness. I have nothing but complete an utter contempt for BP as a result.

We have made a submission and the design of house is to be considered. No, we don't object to having neighbours, everybody needs somewhere to live. However these particular neighbours aren't very 'neighbourly' themselves and have used intimidating/bullying behaviour in the past. They have about 200 acres and lots of road frontage and better scenic sites to choose from, even selling another site in the next field. Like Mpsox we were looking for same development style of house like all other clusters in the community here. There has to be some guidelines and regulations or we could all build whatever we like regardless of our neighbours.

We have made a submission and the design of house is to be considered. No, we don't object to having neighbours, everybody needs somewhere to live. However these particular neighbours aren't very 'neighbourly' themselves and have used intimidating/bullying behaviour in the past. They have about 200 acres and lots of road frontage and better scenic sites to choose from, even selling another site in the next field. Like Mpsox we were looking for same development style of house like all other clusters in the community here. There has to be some guidelines and regulations or we could all build whatever we like regardless of our neighbours.

My problem with BP is the lack of consistancy in their approach, the fact that they can completly ignore the recomendations of the local council and their own staff and that the process really is a lottery which if you lose, their is no appeal (or at least no appeal at realistic costs)

most county development plans now look for a variety of housing styles in rural areas... because we've had decades of 'bungalow bliss' type development which has blighted our landscape.

as an appealer, you dont actually have any rights in requesting / wanting a particular house design that someone else applies for. You do however have a right to privacy, but, as stated above, the dwelling will be 100 meters away so this does not become an issue.

Back