Could Garage have broken electric window switch whilst servicing car.

MandaC

I left my 2007 Yaris in for a service about 3 weeks ago. It had to have a service and also this recall to do with the front seatbelts.

.......Toyota dealers will remove both pillar pads from the centre pillar at no cost to owners and the refit should take no longer than 40 minutes.
The problem is related to the front seat belt retractor's pyrotechnic pretensioner sound insulator .........

Today I noticed the passenger side electric window is not working when you press the switch either from the drivers side or the passenger side door. I have had no reason to use it it since the service. It was working before I left the car in because I remember the last time I used it, but today there was no action on the switch.

Anyone mechanically minded know if either the service or the seatbelt issue could have messed around with the electronics with the window.

It was definitely working a few days before it was left in but because I dont use the passenger window all the time, I only noticed today it was not working. Anyone mechanically minded know if it Could it just have broken on its own? Hoping to get it fixed as soon as possible so I can put it onto Carzone for sale.

Thanks

Can't help Manda, but based on previous electrical issues, I would doubt very much that it's an expensive fix anyway.

Doubt very much that the dealer seatbelt fix had anything to do with it. The 'B' Piller should be in no way connected to the door window.

First off, check the fuses for the elec window. If both switches don't work, it's probably the fuse.

Back