Gas or electric Hob for new kitchen

joshea

Anyone got advise on whether to install a gas or electric hob in an island.

I know a real flame is better from a Feng Shui point of view

Any comments/experiences are as always appreciated

Kind regards,
James

We got an induction hob for our island, even though we're on mains gas.

DeDietrich in case you're interested.

Would do exactly the same again.

SSE

Have to agree, we got an induction hob aswell (Electrolux) and am delighted we did.
We previously had a gas hob which i was happy with but once you get used to the induction it is so quick and very responsive. As well as easy to clean and because it is totally flat it is like extra countertop space (handly for small kitchens)

Don't have an island but would always go for a gas hob - cleaning may not be as easy but other than that I think gas will beat any other hob hands down every time. Just think why do restaurants always seem to use gas?

Had gas changed to induction for new kitchen its just as fast as gas and lots cleaner check out prices as induction hobs can vary greatly in price don't pay extra for a "name" know the spec you want and then search on price most induction hob glass & plates come from the same factories

Would second induction hob recommendation.
Love mine.
Thought I would miss gas but have never looked back

Gas every time, no matter how good induction hobs are there is something undefinable that makes gas better, I also Wok cook a fair bit and there is no comparison with that. As another poster said I doubt if there are many chefs out there who would cook electric

I would recommend gas for the hob. It is excellent.
I have personally just changed to electricity for the oven though, with a combination of gas hob/electric oven

Nicola

Agree with NicolaM. If the power goes off for any reason you are still able to have hot food. Likewise if the gas is off for any reason.

have a gas hob and electric oven and had an induction hob in my last house but i prefer cooking with gas myself

I don't think there is chef or even semi-serious food person out there who would consider buying an electric hob over gas. Gas is so much easier to cook with and much more natural.

Back