Hallway storage solutions

annR

I can't for the life of me seem to find any nice hallway furniture which is also practical. I'm looking for something which you can put shoes in, acts as a hall table too, with a few shelves up above and something to hang coats on. Something a bit like this

[broken link removed]

Anyone any ideas or seen any nice hall furniture anywhere?

Hi Ann, I spent about two years looking for decent hall furniture and believe it or not, i finally found what I wanted in Ikea. Look up the Leksvik range. I bought two shoe racks (each holds 8 pairs) and stacked one on top of the other. Above them I hung the Leksvik hat rack which has 4 cubbies, eight coat hooks & 4 other hooks. Recently, I spotted a nice hall unit in "In-store" a lovely furniture/gift shop in Sandyford industrial estate. Good Luck.

Hi Ann, I really like that Dormy house website plus your hallway storage idea, did you get anything yet from this place, does it deliver to ireland and are the delivery charges expensive? Thanks

Abbica
I haven't really looked into ordering from that site as it seems a bit expensive. I might get someone here to make something like it. Peelabee, that's a really good idea but the Ikea shoe racks are wider than I would like. I only have a little space behind the front door, was looking for something about 80 or 90cm wide. If the ikea one was 6 pairs inside of 8 pairs it would be perfect.
Thx

Argos have something very similar to the wall rack pictured in the link you posted. They also have a matching bench with baskets. Or, if those don't suit, this link shows various shoe storage cupboards too:

Hi Ann, I really like that Dormy house website plus your hallway storage idea, did you get anything yet from this place, does it deliver to ireland and are the delivery charges expensive? Thanks

According to their website, they cannot deliver items ordered online outside of the UK. But you can order from their catalogue, and they will quote exact delivery prices. Information on ordering a catalogue here:

[broken link removed]

(I don't have any experience of ordering from them myself - I was just curious after seeing the lovely furniture on the site!)

The White Company [broken link removed]
and the Cotswold Company [broken link removed] both do items like this too.

Not sure if they will deliver here, but perhaps to a friend in NI?

They used to be very expensive (too much for me anyway) but the sterling might make them more affordable.

Such a pity we can't get nice things like this here...

Thanks for the replies, I never thought to look at the argos stuff. It's nice except I don't need the baskets! But certainly the hat racks seem to be the same as the more expensive ones. I ordered a catalogue from the Dormy House, let's hope I get it seeing as they seem to have every country except Ireland in their multiple choice box on the request form. I may end up ordering the chest unpainted and no fabric for £100 (paint it white myself and my Mum can do the fabric), coat/hat rack from Argos. Those websites are lovely.

Hi, I think that cotswold company site is the best so far, the dormyhouse is far too dear, click this link, comes in a choice of finishes, I think it is good value [broken link removed] and a shoe rack would be more practical than storage box.

Do you think you can add extra coat hooks to these, hope it could take the weight, that would be one conceern of mine?

It's gorgeous but too wide for my hallway I'm afraid! I'm sure you could put extra hooks on it, 3 is a bit stingy.

Another option occurred to me - these people make your order from MDF to your exact specifications - there's even a little program to design and price up your item. You might be able to design something to fit if space behind the door is tight.

www.jali.co.uk

Back