Warmcoat paint

joanmul

We put this paint on 3 outside walls in our house - in the sittingroom, kitchen and bedroom. It has dried ok in the sittingroom, there doesn't seem to be a problem there. In the kitchen, after two weeks, it hasn't dried and has just dripped down constantly. The amount of condensation is unbelievable - we didn't have anything like it during the much colder winter last year. We have wiped and wiped and wiped until there was no more paint, just water coming down, and that's nearly in buckets. The bedroom was done yesterday and time will tell whether that will dry - it hasn't done so yet. Any suggestions?

Stop painting? :)

"Insulating" paint like Warmcoat and Aquashield will always require more than the usual degree of ventilation, and a reasonable room temperature, to dry properly between coats. It's a job for the summer months, really.

I'm quite sceptical about the claims made for these products, but that's immaterial here, I guess.

I purchased insulating paint (after I seen demo on IrelandAM with Les the man from Woodies) , http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=136856&highlight=insulating+paint

Not only did it not do what it said on the tin (had room temp guide etc) but it has terrible coverage and also when dried left smokey brown spots all over.

In fairness, I emailled Woodie and they passes my phone no. over to a man from the company who spoke to me like I was thick, pointing out the paint "didnt generate heat etc" (he requested photos which I sent), I emailed Woodies back pointing out I purchased from them blah blah and later that day Woodies man rang me and offered me my €75 back with added bonus if I accepted a Woodies giftcard (which was for €100 when it came).

It stands to reason how can a really thin coat of paint hold in the heat......

Back