Injuries board /solicitor query

Toby123

I have a case with the injuries board regarding an RTA. The other party was at fault and I suffered with medical problems for some time after. The medical report from the injuries board doc says they cannot give a definite prognosis for a certain amount of time. Having said this the injuries board has awarded me a figure and I would be happy to accept as I really want this whole thing over to move on with my life. Solicitor will not agree to accept on my behalf as the report is not complete and feels they are leaving themselves open. Also saying it's unethical. Any thoughts from those of you with a legal background? Thanks

You are claimant, final decision is yours. Solicitor may feel that the amount awarded is not enough, or may have his/her sights set on getting higher fees for themselves. They may have a point in saying that they are leaving themselves open (to you coming back at them), however I cannot understand what is 'unethical'.

If you are happy and you fully understand that the prognosis is uncertain, then the decision is yours and yours alone.

hi can someone please tell me if i will accept the injuries board offer then the cheque will be issue on my name or my solicitor name ??? I mean I know it will be given to my solicitor but what name would be on the cheque ??

hi can someone please tell me if i will accept the injuries board offer then the cheque will be issue on my name or my solicitor name ??? I mean I know it will be given to my solicitor but what name would be on the cheque ??

goes to solicitor and they take their share and pay the medical experts and you get the rest

Back