Peat Briquette prices

F

Fear macánta

Texaco garage Clonkeen Road has peat briquettes selling at €17.50 for 5 bales. Does anyone know a better price than that?

I buy in bulk - a pallet at a time - it works out at 2.90 each (128 in a pallet lasts a whole winter for us) - you need somewhere to put them - but it saves picking odd ones up every time you are at a garage (or forgetting too?) Check goldenpages for coal merchants in your area.

Coal comes in 20kg or 40kg bags. The price of a bag will depend on the grade and quality of the coal.
If you live in a rural area check out your local dairy cooperative for good solid fuel deals (especially this time of the year).

Are these prices good in the market at the moment ?

25 Bales of Briquettes - €88.00 (€3.52 a bale)

50 Bales of Briquettes - €172.00 (€3.44 a bale)

not really

I use to get single bales for €3.20 from the local Texaco garage

€3.20 is very cheap for single bales, I paid between 3.75 and 4 euro last winter. Think I'll look for bulk deals this year!

perhaps I'm not remembering it correctly so! no matter as this year I have a free supply of wood! :)

Just called two places and they are charging €4.50 and €4.70 per bale, so €3.52 is not bad after all !

Have just bought bale of briquettes (€4) and bag of polish coal (€18.50). Queried the price of the briquettes and shopkeeper stated Bord na Mona have just put them up by 35c.

If you live in a rural area check out your local dairy cooperative for good solid fuel deals (especially this time of the year).

I just thought Id repeat this post I made in September last year. Now is the time to approach your local cooperative as they are building up their stock for the winter season.

What about buying loose briquettes from Bord na Mona? Last time I checked they were €149/tonne this works out at half price if briquettes in a shop are €3.75/bale. Only thing is that you need a car trailer to collect them.

I just got a quote of €3.80/ bale for 100 bales delivered. He said he would do the same price for 50 bales.

Yeah, I hope you get in on time if you're looking for them!

Me thinks Mr. Ganly is worried about the credit crunch and is trying to get people in the door - make sure ya sign up for one of his reward keyfobs!!

:D

Back