Price of a litre of milk

€1.38 is insane for a litre of milk, as is €1.27. Superquinn own brand milk is 80c a litre, IIRC Lidl is 75c.

The best value milk at present is Dunnes €4/6litres 67c/l (2 x 3l drums). Dunnes milk now has a tricolour on it (whatever that means!).

That is cheap! No way i'd need that much milk though, im only one person! 2L a week is plenty.

I think Connacht Gold now supply tesco brand milk.
I pay €2.44 for 2L most days or sometime they have the €1.88 2 litres!

This thread is very interesting. . . [broken link removed]

username123 - it's just a local shop - unbranded. Had been 1.18 at the start of the summer, and when it went to 1.28 I was less than impressed, but 1.38 just roared "STOP!" at me. I was trying to buy the odd things in there to keep the place open. It's nice to have a locally run shop nearby. But those price increases in that short period of time struck me as indefensible.

For us non-dairyites, I spotted the Tesco own brand (value brand) Soya has increased from 85c per litre to 90c per litre in the past week.

They used to have a sign comparing their price with that of Aldi's Soya (at 85c), but the sign disappeared with the price increase, so I'm guessing that Aldi haven't raised their price yet?!

They used to have a sign comparing their price with that of Aldi's

The constant price comparision labels in Tesco and SV with Aldi on certain products, just tells me that for the rest of the products (ie 99% of what's in a supermarket) Aldi are cheaper ;)

4 litres (Yes 4 litres) of Full fat and low fat mlk for 2 euro 50 cents in Iceland.
Thats the cheapest Ive seen it in Dublin.

I know its not Irish Dairy Council stamped but hey....milk is milk at the end of the day.I tried it recently and I can say that it tastes just like any other milk.

Cost Cutter shops sell 2 litres of Linwoods full fat and low fat milk for 1 euro 29 cents at the moment too.
It was 1 euro 39 cents but has come down by 10 cents for the last 3 months.

The constant price comparision labels in Tesco and SV with Aldi on certain products, just tells me that for the rest of the products (ie 99% of what's in a supermarket) Aldi are cheaper ;)

Tesco are a joke.

They have upped their own brand 2 litres of milk from 1 euro 49 cents to 1 euro 69 cents.

And they want to know why they are loosing Irish customers?
Eh its not hard to figure out Tesco.

Do they not have another brand at 1.49?

I think it's called Creamfields??

At least in my local store.

We've switched to organic milk in the past year. 99c a litre in Tesco and Aldi. Find it tastes much nicer than the cheapest stuff and in the grand scheme of things only costs a euro or two a week.

Back