Take over a Deed

Vinchy

Hello,

I have the following project in mind and I would like to know if it is something possible. Let's say I would like to buy a property by taking over a deed of someone of is already engaged into a 30 or 35 years mortgage.
The owner has paid 5 or 10 years of the mortgage (the number of years is not really important) and would like to get rid of his property for X or Y reason.
I would like to take over the deed in my name so I become the owner of the property. In exchange, I would engage myself to pay to the bank the mortgage for all the remaining years. The former owner would not have not pay anything ever. The paperwork would be done into a legal frame. Does the law authorized me to take over a deed in my name? Would the bank ever do any rejection to my payment?
Thank you for your advice.

Simply put, you are buying a property with a mortgage on it.

The mortgage company will not allow the property to be transferred to another owner without the mortgage being repaid and then you will have to apply for a mortgage for the property in your own name.

The mortgage company will not allow the mortgage as it stands to move to you without assessing you for a mortgage based on your financial situation and the current market value of the house.

Back