Selling when in NE - personal loan

carina

Hi guys,
I own half an apartment - bought it with my friend during the good times. It is in NE now of course. She has since moved out, got married and is living in her husbands place. I moved out for a few years and we rented the whole apt. I moved back in during the summer and am renting out the second room.
At the moment we owe circa €200k and I reckon we'd get about €160k if we could sell. That would leave us owing €40k - my friend would have the €20k in savings, I certainly wouldn't. I was thinking I wouldn't get a personal loan as I already have one with a different bank but someone just suggested that if I was looking for the loan from the institution where we have the mortgage I'd have a good chance. Does anyone have experience of doing this? Do you think there'd be a good chance they'd agree to this?
Thanks.

Is it a cheap tracker?

They might well let you keep the balance as a joint loan over the remaining period at tracker rates.

If it's not, they may well let you retain the loan at the mortgage rate.

Why do you want to sell it?
If it's a cheap tracker, the rent is probably way in excess of the interest.
If it's a SVR, the rent would be close to the interest.

No it's not a tracker unfortunately. I think I'll call in tomorrow and ask to speak to someone.

I want to sell as it's just cost after cost - mgt fees, property tax, repairs (it was built during the boom times so not very well and needs quite a few things done). I have to rent out the other room and hate being a landlord. I hate the place, being honest. Buying it is my biggest regret.

Thanks for the reply.

Back