Barcelona + Costa Brava: Any recommendations for family holiday?

Manuel

Hi!
Just wondering if anyone has done this trip or similar and could recommend any particular location/accommodation from their experience ...

We are 2 adults + 4 kids (from 14 yrs down to 8), so would be looking at a 3-bed villa, or apartment or campsite accommodation. Traveling in July.

Thanks!
/M.

Hi Manuel, You're going on holidays in July which of course is high season and high in expense. Furthermore, Barcelona is much desired city break destination as well as a beach destination. Six people though; muchos dineros tambien (big money also). It is probably a bit late, but I would advise you contact some Irish holiday home owner in the region and negotiate a price.

Barcelona is an excellent location. Like I said desired city with much to see and experience. Open top bus tours a must. Dont forget to visit Sagrada Familia basilica and of course the Gaudi locations. If you have an interest in football Camp Nou is a must see place. Enjoy La Rambla and be mindful of pickpockets.

The beach in Barcelona is a step up from anything we have here. Eating out is expensive enough but nothing like a similar location in Ireland. I think you will have the family holiday of a lifetime.

Just bumping this to see if anyone else out there has a particular recommendation for accommodation/location in Costa Brava for a family of 6. There's still a good bit of choice in the likes of Eurocamp campsites all along the coast. I guess I'm just asking if anyone out there had a good experience in any particular area ... we would probably hire a car to explore the area too and would like to include a visit to a water-park.
Thanks!

Back