Zoned Central Heating-Normal controls?

Madilla

I recently bought a partially completed house and employed a builder to complete all works. I had specified that I wanted 4 zone heating with water boost. The electrician has put in four seperate on off switches with one manual time clock. I am not happy with this and expected a programmable time clock to enable seperate control of each zone.The builder tells me his setup would be the norm and that to get it changed I need to buy the clock & pay for it to be fitted. I wonder if anyone might advise whether this would seem reasonable?

Unless you specifically stated the need to have fully timed automation of each zone, it sounds like they delivered what you asked. What was in the contract? You can't try to enforce assumptions after the fact .

Out of curiosity, are there room thermostats on each seperate zone? And if so, are these programmable thermostats?

I didnt specify timed automation just thought it would be the norm based on having it in the two previous houses I lived in over the past 20 years. I know this was my assumption and beacuse of that was surprised that such a manual system might be still considered standard but you live and learn. Ah well I'l just have to pay for the upgrade.

That does sound like a standard installation to me. A single timeclock would be the standard to control the boiler and then the switches to direct the heat. Beyond that, multiple zone timing, mobile phone control, etc. you would need to specify.

Back