Substance to stop floor tiles from being slippy

Nutso

Hi All,

My parents (in their 60's) recently renovated their kitchen and put down shiny floor tiles. These tiles are lethal when wet or if you step on them with wet shoes. I'm quite worried that one of my parents could have a bad fall.

Is there any product available which can be sprayed / applied over the floor tiles to prevent slips?

Thanks,
Nutso

Beer left to dry on the tiles is quite effective in leaving a nice sticky layer!

:)

I have not used them myself but there are quite a good few slip resistant products on the market used for wet areas in bathrooms in hospitals and public areas etc. Here are a couple of links...you might find what you are looking for.
[broken link removed]
http://lithofin-uk.co.uk/product/lithofin-anti-slip-kit/

I have no affiliation with these companies...

Can I suggest that your elderly parents put down appropriate carpet tiles over the lovely shiny tiles. What price comfort and safety versus the look of a stupid kitchen floor? They may also gain in terms of heat and insulation - so double the benefits!

If you mean to stop the tiles from being slippery then there is no other option than to cover / replace them with a non-slip floor covering

Back