Squash courts on the Northside

Apollo

hi all,

My friend and I were hoping to play some squash on the Northside somewhere where you don't have to be a member to play and can pay on the hour.

He lives in Santry & we are hoping to get somewhere either close to town or not much further out than Santry.

Anyone know of anywhere?

Cheers

Squash Courts in general in Dublin are very difficult to come by - Escpecially if neither playeris a member somewhere - I did research a few years ago to try and setup a work Squash ladder. Since the closure of the Squash Irelands, i only was able to find courts on the southside. Sorry to be of little help - but I am curious as to all the places where you can turn up and play a game of squash without being a member (to bring a guest into my club costs €25 - so prohibitvly expensive)

Did you try ALSAA at the airport. Not sure if you have to be a member to rent a court but worth trying

UCD has squash and handball courts, you dont need to be a student to get a place. Courts are €13 for 45mins

Theres a list of squash clubs here.

http://www.squashtalk.com/html/web_hub/travelers/clubsuk.htm#IRELAND

I used to use the Dundrum Family Recreation Centre years ago - I just rang them up now and they stilloperate a pay as you go system - its €12 for an hours game. Spawell used to have courts too - but am not sure if they are still open.

I play in westwood - but you need to be a member. A guest pass to play with a member is €25.

UCD will operate a pay as you go. Trinity allowed people to join in the summer - not sure now since they opened the new facilities.

Cheers folks for all the replies..there doesn't appear to be anywhere on the northside where you show up and play squash without being a member from the follow ups I done so far unfortunately..that place in Dundrum told me, like Sol28 wrote, they only charge €12/hour and you don't have to be a member..I rang Spawell as well and you don't have to be a member there either they told me..they charge €15/hour during the week & €10/hour at weekends..ta

I used to use the Dundrum Family Recreation Centre years ago .

Just to clarify, the DLRCC Meadowbrook leisure centre in Ballinteer that I mentioned before, is the new name for the Dundrum Family Recreation Centre.

It has been completely renovated and extended, for anyone that has not been there since it reopened. Its a great local facility.

Good to know husker DU - It was a bit tatty the last time i was there (9 years ago)

Did you try the Portmarnock Sports & Leisure Ctr? I use the pool there, one price for members another price for non-members, per the website a court is 5.50 per person after 6pm for a 40 min slot

Back