2nd Key - '97 Nissan Almera

kmelvin

Hi, do I need to go to a Nissan Dealer to get a 2nd key cut or is there other garages/locksmiths that can do this for a better price (I've been quoted €180 by one Nissan Dealer)?

Also, I need a new Remote for the Alarm - I'm assumming only Nissan can make one for me?

Thanks for the help

K

I assume your engine has an immobilser, therefore just cutting a Key will not work, so a locksmith out of the question.

I think you're probably stuck with Nissan. I got quoted €250 for a key for my x-trail so €180 seems reasonable to me.

I paid €100 for a new key + immobiliser keyfob gizmo + "tuning" of same, for a 1998 Primera, though admittedly this was about five years ago.

However I've since noticed that the fobs can often be found on eBay.co.uk - check all the serial numbers and details on the back and have a search. Should be very small money. Then you still need to get the key copied (guessing €40 max) and the keyfob "tuned" by the dealer (dunno, but it has to be cheaper). Ring and check in advance that they'll do this though.

Back