Window repair/replacement service

gotsomenow

Hello,

My mums house was broken into during the week, and the thieves broke a small downstairs window. The frame is damaged, not the glass. They are wooden frame double glazing. She doesn't mind if she has to get it replaced with PVC; After everything she has been through she justs wants to get this fixed asap, and no company is interested because its such a 'small job'.

Anyone recommend a company in Dublin that would be able to help her?

Thanks

G

Hello,

We had a repair done on our back door some time ago by this fellow and he was very good John Delahunt, Phone 4527934 or 086-8728521. His attention to detail is great. He repaired my parents door as well and they were very happy also. His leaflet says he does all types of repairs on PVC and aluminium.

Hi,

I just called John and he was very nice, he said he can do the job. He wanted to know your name, but I didn't know it and I don't think 'Sue Ellen' would have rang any bells with him. He was delighted with the recommendation.

My mam is thrilled, so thank you so much :)

G

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again,

Great news. Made my day to think helped two people in one go by giving him a bit of well deserved business and sorted out your Mam's window. Hope he can put right what the burglars obviously wrecked.

This is an example of the beauty of AAM, I've got a few recommendations here myself.

Definitely, and thanks again. My mum was really delighted and it took a lot of her mind.

G

Hi All,

Thanks for the recommendation for John. I called him out because there were drafts coming in some of our windows. Instead of replacing them he replaced all the hinges and everything is perfect now (windows weren't closing correctly).

Thanks again!!
ian

Re: Window repair/replacement service: Anyone recommend a company in Dublin?

Doberden

I have the same problem in some of our upstairs windows - three rooms. Can you tell me how much it cost to call out and repair the windows - about five separate windows. Also, did he do it there and then?

Thanks

I also use Johns services and agree with the other posters. Very nice guy to deal with, honest, straight forwards, great attention to detail and a great job. He repaired a door, replacing double glazing and a fitted a new lock. Fairly priced too.

PVC door handle

Hi there, would he do PVC doors too?
We have a back door (French door style) where you push up the handle before turning the key to lock the door, and the handle snapped. We just need a new handle - if that's possible.
Or is it possible for us to buy this somewhere?
Wishbone...

Was following this thread in the past few days but could'nt wait any any longer for John to resurface!
So contacted a few repair guys (1 PVC window was no longer locking and the handle then fell off!). Called and emailed 4 places and only 2 got back to me (so much for chasing the business). Both then quoted the same-ish price for a call out and small repair job (any other work needed on the window would have cost more, if it was necessary).

So window fixed in about an hour the other day. Good job and so thought I'd recommend the chap we used if your still looking for a repair man Censuspor...Adrian on 087 2541956.

Was following this thread in the past few days but could'nt wait any any longer for John to resurface!
So contacted a few repair guys (1 PVC window was no longer locking and the handle then fell off!). Called and emailed 4 places and only 2 got back to me (so much for chasing the business). Both then quoted the same-ish price for a call out and small repair job (any other work needed on the window would have cost more, if it was necessary).

So window fixed in about an hour the other day. Good job and so thought I'd recommend the chap we used if your still looking for a repair man Censuspor...Adrian on 087 2541956.

Thanks Delboy, i got a price to replace hinges on the windows to stop the draughts and it's working out about €45 per hinge for a mornings working it comes to €400. Just seems high for one morning labour only, what do you think?

Is that from the guy I mentioned above?
Sounds expensive for a mornings work but is there a high cost to the materials element of the job?
As with all jobs like this, get a few quotes

Just posted a thread about this in homes and gardens.
I got a quote today to replace hinges on draughty PVC windows of €85 per hinge all inclusive of VAT. I have about 5 needing fixing and he said it would take a couple of hours. So about €425 to do the job. Does this sound about right? Or is it a bit steep?

That sounds a bit steep for the work involved. I had a guy out last month to replace window hinges and couldnt fault his work. Also he was very tidy and left no mess behind. Got him through Yale locks. David 087 9959417 if you looking for another quote.

Back