Ulster Bank has more technical problems

Gggrrrrr! We're abroad at the moment and lost access to our online banking plus the use of our ATM card for cash over a 2 day period in the last week. I got on to the Fraud section and within hours the problem was fixed. Now I see that they're experiencing technical issues again. Do they share a management team with the HSE?

Customer service in the UK can't even access customer details at the moment. Systems are completely down

My Visa debit card is now blocked because it thinks I entered the wrong password several times. I can't make any online payments. On cyber Monday, the busiest day of the year for online payments

Unbelievable stuff, they obviously haven't learnt from last years massive cock-up. I wouldn't be surprised if this is going to cost them a lot more than they saved by outsourcing IT to India...

Does anybody notice the "temporarily unavailable" message appears far more regularly these days? It's blooming annoying. Especially when they're advertising it as twenty four hour banking. I wonder how much of those 24 hours is the service actually available? I just tried to check something there now and got the "temporarily unavailable" message. What would you do if you were pressed for time? Luckily I never have but I got the AIB switching form a few weeks back and getting sorely tempted to leave UB.

This situation is crazy ...

If the Financial Regulator(s) governing the various banks within the RBS group that have had these repeat problems fined the bank a significant amount of money, then I bet they would quickly be resolved (permanently) to ensure no further fines. Hit the bank for €50m upwards and lets see how long it takes to get things fixed !

Am I correct in thinking this is at least the third occassion within 12-months that Ulster Bank customers have had to put up with this ?

I got stung the other night too. Online trying to do some Mo donations.

I don't know about third occasion but I definitely couldn't use my cards on the 11th October. There was money in the accounts and no mention of any error online. It might have been a brief blip but was really embarrassing for me as I was trying to pay for something in a hair dressers. ATMs wouldn't work either. All okay again a few hours later. :/

Am I correct in thinking this is at least the third occassion within 12-months that Ulster Bank customers have had to put up with this ?

The BBC said it was the 4th outage in a year. Obviously, some of the outages were more serious than others. Bigger picture clearly is that RBS need significant IT investment.

Dont put up with this shabby service,it would be unaceptable in Zimbabwe let alone here...move,I did.

Ulster Bank users are facing more technical difficulties after a new glitch in its system meant payments were not processed overnight.

I used to smile when my Grandfather ranted about Banks and how your money was safer under a mattress.

My account balance is all over the place. PayPal payments and refunds aren't coming through at all. They really are a disaster. I purchased two things today with PayPal and they haven't come off my balance at all.

*edit* please ignore ...I'm a prat. For some reason I was expecting the paypal refund to go straight to my current account! But obviously you have to initiate that first. That's why the paypal purchases weren't showing on my online banking....they were being taken off the paypal balance. I'm 90% embarrassed. The other 10% is UB's fault for having previous. But mainly I'm a tit.

ULSTER Bank has apologised to customers after its troubled IT system experience yet another glitch.

The latest issue to beset a bank already plagued by computer failures saw some ATM users debited twice for single withdrawals.

The problem lasted for a 24 hour period during Monday and Tuesday of this week.

Ulster Bank has suffered from a range of IT failings over the last two years - a number of which have been linked to its parent company RBS.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/more-problems-for-ulster-bank-customers-30214758.html

Stop apologising,increase your IT spend and fix the problem.

Its not rocket science....but I suppose apologising all the time is probably cheaper.

One of these days their computers will sit down and all the kings horses and all the Kings men wont be able to put it back together again.

Stop apologising,increase your IT spend and fix the problem.

Its not rocket science....but I suppose apologising all the time is probably cheaper.

One of these days their computers will sit down and all the kings horses and all the Kings men wont be able to put it back together again.

Would that it was that simple! This is a direct result of all the outsourcing that is going on. You could double the budget tomorrow and it would make very little difference - the knowledge is gone!

On shore they have let the people go and off shore they are not paying enough to retain the people and with only a weeks notice required in many cases, mass resignations are not unusual. I am aware of a case two months ago, where the entire team supporting the accounting function of a major US bank resigned on a weeks notice!

Most companies (with the exception of internet based businesses) see IT as a necessary evil in their budget. It's bad management.

Back