Burning Wood

taraking

Can anyone tell me if it's ok to burn wood in the back garden.? Just did a kitchen revamp & have a lot of bits & pieces of wood but DH says I will be fined if someone reports it..is this true. Cheapest skip hire is 100euro..

Why don't you bring it to your local recycling centre. Costs around 5 euro to dispose of a trailer load of stuff in our local place. Garden waste, glass, wood, metal, batteries, plastic, old appliances, oil etc etc. Great system I use it all the time for mainly garden waste for composting but I know they take wood also. Wouldn't risk lighting a fire, someone could call fire brigade and you could get landed with a hefty bill.

Just too much of it there,worktops too long & thick anyway & just want to get rid of the lot in one go......

laois 1 don't have a trailer & nearest recycling place is about 26 miles away! also kinda afraid to burn it in the fireplace as some of it has been painted & I'd be afraid it would give off toxic fumes or cause a chimney fire :(

I usually borrow a trailer and a car with a hitch from a friend. Try renting or borrowing a van perhaps it should all fit in that if its only one kitchen. There are usually guys advertising van rental on local newsletters, notice boards etc. You might have to take apart the units to get them to take up less room. I definitely would not risk lighting a fire. A skip is too expensive and it would all go to landfill which is not very green. I definitely recommend a trip to a recycling centre.

Thanks laois1..I have decided to take it in my car to the recycling centre..2 trips should get rid of it....thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Back