Estate Agent Valuation Costs

Newbie!

What is the average cost of getting an estate agent to value your home? Has anyone had a valuation done recently and would they mind sharing the agent and the cost?

Also, what agent would you recommend (greater dublin area) and why?

I've used Gunnes in Fairview. Dublin recently and found them very good. I would certainly recommend them for professionalism, reliability, courtesy and , of course, achieving best price.

They will do a free appraisal on the basis that you intend to sell - it's a pitch for the actual sale.

Most Estate Agents will do a free appraisal. They won't put in writing . If you want it in writing , you should expect to pay around 250.00

DNG also offer free sales valuations.

mf

Is there not a price set by the industry? I got my mortgage 3 years ago and I think it was around €130.

I've had a couple carried out over the past few years for mortgage & top-up purposes - I'm pretty sure it was €130 last time.
I used same company both times - Kennedy & Assoc on Hume St.

Make sure the valuer is on the panel of whatever Bank you are arranging the valuation for, presuming that is the purpose of the exercise.

I paid €80 for a rental appraisal (required for a mortgage application) in November 2013 & €150 for a Sherry-Fitz valuation in Co.Louth in 2012.

I agree that its essential to get a valuer on the panel of the lending institution. I've had two done: one appointed directly by myself (but on the bank's panel) for €100 and then another one organised via the bank for € 130.

I think OP is selling, rather than mortgaging or re-mortgaging...............

mf

Thanks. Yes, my apologies, we are hoping to put our house on the market but want to test the water with regard to pricing first. We'll try Gunne first as they are quite local.

jathclare;1402910 I paid €80 for a rental appraisal (required for a mortgage application) in November 2013 .[/QUOTE said:
What's a rental appraisal?

Thanks. Yes, my apologies, we are hoping to put our house on the market but want to test the water with regard to pricing first. We'll try Gunne first as they are quite local.

Try 3 agents to get a better idea of price, and estate agents fees are negotiable. I would advise going with one that is promenent in your area.

Basically an official document from a lettings agent to give comfort to a prospective mortgage provider that an property is rentable and how much it might potentially yield. Otherwise potential rental income can't be factored into the mortgage application.

Back