Letter of offer for mortgage

galwaymum

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else in same situation. My partner and I are in the process of buying our first home. We paid deposit in early June and are now waiting for the bank to send us the letter of offer. My broker has been telling me since last week that I should hsvr letter of offer soon.

I mailed my broker yesterday and he said that he expected the letter yesterday afternoon and that he would contact me to go through it. Got no news so mailed him again this morning and he said that bank asked him for a picture of the house and that he should have letter of offer at some point today.

Are the bank delaying or is anone else in this same position?

Feel like im going to go crazy soon. So near and yet so far. Maybe im just to impatien but feel like this is dragging on forever.

Anyone else in same situation?

thanks so much.

I think its just the norm for them to drag their feet while you are almost loosing it, I was in a worst situation but it will surely come through.

Don't use email to chase people. Use the phone or call in. Or ring the Bank yourself and ask them. Tell them there has been a big delay and that's why you are ringing yourself.
It's your thousands of euros you are spending after all.

I don't understand - surely the bank have sent someone to do a Valuation (you would have had to arrange access via the estate agent) and they have seen the house. Or are the doing a 'drive by' where they just get a photo of the house and 'value' it from that?

Thanks for reply oakrise.

I was thinking as much. Hopefully it will come soon and save me from going out of my mind all together. A lit bit more patience. Ill try and not think about it.

Cheers for that

Hi Sadie,

Valuation has been done and thay have sent someone to look at house so I don't understand why they requested a picture of the house from my broker. Seems a bit odd to me. According to broker everything is in order so I do know what the delay is.

Hi Norfbank,

Does it usually take the bank another day or two to send out the letter of offer? My broker said he sent them a picture of the house this morning and that it should not take much longer for the letter.

Depends on the lender really.

The picture will be sent today, marked as received and if you're lucky will be scanned onto the lenders system. From there it will have to be checked again by the underwriter and then will be put in the queue for offer.

I sent a case for offer on Friday morning to one of the more efficient lenders and still have yet to receive the loan offer. I have been promised a faxed copy though in the next hour. Three days to print a loan offer beggars belief.

thanks for that. Broker told me he should get faxed copy of offer today. He was also told that yesterday so won't hold my breath.

thanks for info.

Normal enough to attach photo of property/land to valuation in my experience.
Hold tough and good luck

Back