How to sell a car when emigrating?

Don_08

Will need the car right up to the last day. Was thinking could leave with my brother to sell or would a garage take it on its own without buying a new car? It's only a 05 megane so not worth too much.

Emigrating first week of July.

One other question is tax is up on 31 may, I assume a three month tax disc with suffice.

no need to tax it if its not used, I would put it online today, and make sure you are 10-20% under any others online to get interest. it will take a few weeks minimum to find a buyer,you dont have to sell it until the last day.
Gumtree, donedeal, adverts.ie and car zone are the best places in my mind.

You could also think about selling it a week or so in advance and just hiring a car for that time if you really need one. I actually sold my car three months before leaving because I knew I'd be leaving and the insurance was up anyway. I could get the bus to work though so just hiring a car on the weekends I needed was enough for me. The advantage was that I could then hire a bigger car when I needed one to move some furniture and for trips to the dump (I had a three-door Golf so even hiring a similar sized but ordinary four-door car was much more practical for me).

Maybe you could drop into a garage now and see what they say. Best of luck with the emigration, not easy. :( But can work out well. :)

Back