has anyone got car rear parking sensors fitted to a brand new mazda 2?

NOAH

I ask as a friend has been advised they, ie mazda dealer, will fit the senors but to the rear number plate as they dont like drilling holes in the bumper!!

I thought the ideal place was in the bumper!! the nissan has 4 in the bumper.

help

When factory fitted they're fine, but afterwards, the dealer might not be willing to take the risk of reducing the effectiveness of the bumper in case of a subsequent crash and the legal actions that might follow.

thank you, that would explain it, they were ordered as a factory fit but I am not too impressed with the dealer. I have contacted mazda ie but dont hold out much joy. On the mazda uk site they show the sensors in action but not where they are located. Its an elderly person who is buying car.

I've had them retro fitted into an avensis bumper without any problem by a guy found online.

Theres no problem fitting them to the rear bumper of a Mazda 2. Effectiveness of bumper in a crash is not a factor. Its only a thin plastic skin nowadays with the bumperbar used as peotection.

I had rear parking sensors fitted to my Mazda6 a few months back, by a main Mazda Dealer (Brian Reynolds Mazda in Drogheda). It took half a day and the sensors were drilled into the bumper and colour coded so that it looks factory original.

thanks all, got a reply from MAZDA ie as well and yes , they should be fitted in the bumper, 4 of them but they were fitted in the number plate area 2 of them. look ok but I am not convinced they will do the job properly.

however, do I tell the person or ...

Back