Can I drop mortgage application into any Branch of AIB

brokeagain

Hi,

Can I drop my mortgage application into any AIB branch? I work away from where I live so it is not convenient to drop application to my local branch. Will it get handled in the same way?

Thanks.

Yes you can, they are all sent to a central processing unit.

Be prepared for a long wait and requests for further information. AIB are being incredibly picky at the moment. You may have to chase the bank on a daily basis to move your application up the line.

[broken link removed]

Thanks for your reply. Is it really that bad? When I spoke to my branch they told me that it would take 2-3 days!!

Has anyone had any experience with AIB recently with a new mortgage application? I would be very interested in hearing your encounters.

I applied for a mortgage last year with AIB - i have been a customer with them since i was 14, had numerous loans (all of which were paid back early, typically half the life of the loan), and i was turned down for a single missed payment about 4 or 5 years ago. I notified them that i was overseas at the time and i had completely forgotten to transfer the money from another account (records showed this was a regular thing and funds were available in the4 account) but they just said i wasn't eligible. Despite being a customer with them at the moment i don't think i'll apply for a mortgage with them next year when i look to get one.....

Thanks Flossie. They seem to be finding any excuse not to give out mortgages. Can I ask if you were a first time buyer?

Yes i was/am/will be - EBS on the other hand approved me in principle (although for less than i applied for due to car loan). AIB also would not calculate my salary to the full amount. I earn €x per annum, plus a car allowance of €y. Because it has the word 'allowance' in it AIB would not take that as part of my income saying it can be altered/cut at any stage. I took in my contract of employment that has this in it, so any adjustment to the allowance is a breach of contract with me but they were sticking firmly to their guns. I then told them to remove my car loan from my outgoings, as my car allowance more than covers the payments and upkeep of the car, but they wouldn't.

I am on a rent to buy scheme now - i know many people have their reservations about them but i am finding it suits my situation.

We've discussed this before and opinions are divided - but maybe a mortgage broker may -possibly - be useful on this occasion.

Back