pulling out of an apartment purchase?

S

shewolf

hey, just wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice.....back in October 2010 I paid a 5K deposit on an apartment in Dublin that was being sold by receiver's for less than half of the 2008 asking price.

From the beginning the vendors seemed to be very slow to get organised. I didnt sign contracts until January 2011 and paid another 17K towards deposit.

Since then nothing has happened, I have been in touch with the vendors a number of times and they kept telling me oh we've had this issue and then the next time i call its another issue.

So the final issue seems to be the management company and getting the previous owners (the builders) off it, and they dont seem to be playing ball and the vendors solicitors have advised 'the receivers office is exploring other avenues in order to overcome the difficulty'.

I either want to buy the apartment soon (its an investment) but only if all these legal issues are resolved or else try and pull out of the sale and get the 22K back.

Do you think there is any chance of being able to do this given how long this has been going on for and the ongoing issues that exist? or do I just have to wait it out?

Any advice is appreciated!

Have contracts actually been exchanged? You've signed the contract but has the vendor? Is there a closing date in the contract? If so, and if this date has passed, I think your solicitor can start a process to force a closing or else get you released from the contract.

But I'm not a solicitor. Your solicitor should be able to outline your options on this for you.

Back