What rights do I have to house?

rgar

Myself and my partner bought our house around 25 years ago, mortgage is paid is full.
My name is not on the deeds, only his and we are not married.
Do I have any rights under the law to the house?
Also our daughter lives in the house with us, she is 22 and lived here since birth

You say we bought the house? Who paid for the initial deposit, who paid for the mortgage? Are you a stay at home mother? Did you have an income? Are you worried that your partner will not leave you the house?

He paid for the deposit and mortgage as he was the only one working, i stayed at home running the house so to speak.
My partner is seeing another wonan behind my back but he is not aware that I know yet. Im afraid if I say anything he will tell me to leave and i wont have a leg to stand on regarding the housr

You do indeed have a leg to stand on and the relevant legislation was only put into force in January of this year - give me a few minutes to find the link for you.

rgar this is somewhat in contradiction to your other post about your father signing over the family home to you - in that post you state that you are living in this family home?

Back