looking for quotes for attic conversion

kiwifruit

hi all, im looking for quotes for an attic conversion with dormer window to the back. Anyone know builders who have done excellent work on these jobs.. Im in Oldbawn, Dublin btw.
Anyone have a rough estimate on how much the job will be, Its an average 3 bed semi.
I know ive painted a very vague picture there but would i get ther job done for less than 15k?
thanks

I would have thought you need a structural engineer first before getting a builder in. Any alterations to the roof timbers will have an effect on the intregity of the roof and house structure.

Once you appoint a structural engineer, I would then seek recommendations from them as to who would be best suited to carry out the works.

There have been a number of threads on this here on aam in the past. I would suggest you hit the search button - and check them out. Many of them indicate prices along the lines that you mention. For older posts (during the celtic tiger era) you can disregard the price guidelines!

Also, be aware that there are planning issues - and resale issues (should you ever decide to move/sell) - if it has not been signed off by an engineer or architect...

Back