Can you lose your tracker if you rent out your home?

P

pineapple

We are moving abroad with my husband's work for one year, possibly a little longer. We would like to rent out our home. We have a tracker variable with BOI.

I have looked through our terms and conditions of our mortgage and can't find the information i need. Basically I have heard that you can loose your tracker if you rent out your family home. Is this correct? Trying to get in touch with bank but the usual person we deal with is out and getting answering machine.

Possibly, if the bank finds out.

I also have a tracker and rented out my house, but I still have it as I'm not sure whether the bank know or not. I sure as hell wasn't going to tell them.

I had the sweats when I changed the house insurance over to landlord insurance, and the insurance company said they would have to write a letter to the bank to let them know, but up to now the bank have not taken me off tracker.

I am guessing that the fact that the mortgage is being paid every month is keeping my house off their radar.

I would get a tenant, pay the mortgage regularly and say nothing. Let them find out, don't tell them. Don't forget you will have to pay the NPPR charge, stop claiming TRS if you still get it, and change your insurance over to landlord though. Plus of course pay tax to Revenue each year on your rental income.

Back