Transferring car ownership - Not selling it

NewEdition

I have a car that is in my name and I want to transfer the ownership to the soon to be ex-wife. What is the best way to do this?

I am not effectively selling it, she is not the new owner, its purely a transfer of name.

Thanks

Thats what I mean, it was bought new, so far " one careful owner"
Transferring the name isnt really changing owner.
Is this the only way to do this?
Or does it really matter?
If I was buying a car, I would rather see one owner than two.

Is this the only way to do this?
Yes.
If I was buying a car, I would rather see one owner than two.
Does it really make a difference? I have had cars that had over 10 owners, did it matter to me? Not in the slightest.

Newer cars id prefer less owners...too many owners in short spell time could mean new owner not happy and got shot quickly...

New edition;
Since you are transferring to the {soon to be ex-wife} put it in her (now) still married name . It is then obvious to any future purchaser = same surname, same address,means same effective 1 owner.
In any event as previous posters said , after a few years some ownership change is of minimal concern.

New edition;
Since you are transferring to the {soon to be ex-wife} put it in her (now) still married name . It is then obvious to any future purchaser = same surname, same address,means same effective 1 owner.
In any event as previous posters said , after a few years some ownership change is of minimal concern.

The cert only has registered owners details and a number of previous owners listed...to prove our additional owner we kept photocopy of old cert n put with new...

Back