mortgage rates offer

mihaela

Hello,

I apologise if I am asking any dummy questions, but I have found this site very useful in the past and I thought i'll ask away again.
I'm finishing a 2 year fixed term with a rate of 4.79%. I got a letter today with the following offer:

Variable VRB- all LTV's- 4.50%
10 year fixed all LTV's -4.99%
2 year fixed (PDH) - 4.350%
3 year fixed (PDH)-4.60%
5 year fixed (PDH0-4.85%

I am obiously tempted to go with the 2 year fixed, as it looks like is the best deal, but I have read a few times in here about trackers. I have read my contract,but it doesn't seem to be mentioned at all. Is that an option that only some of the mortgages can avail?

Thanks you!

Honestly if you don't know what a tracker is its unlikely you ever had one. They havent existed since 2008. Were you on one to be begin with?

It's very unlikely you are entitled to a tracker.

I would not advise anyone to fix. Irish SVRs are way above what they should be and I am hoping to campaign to bring them down in line with the rest of the Eurozone.

If they do come down, and you have fixed you will be stuck with the high rate.

Brendan

Not sure Sahd. I ve written those exactly as they are in my letter. I said I ll ask before I sign up to anything. I m assuming that they are APR's. A crystal ball would come in handy now.
Thanks for the reply guys.

The answer is no Peter. But I have seen it mentioned in here a good few times when I was reading up. I'm just out of a 2 year fixed, and I only have the mortgage since 2 years ago.

Then no. There is no entitlement to a tracker. They don't exist. You didnt have one from the start for that reason . So there is none to return to.

Right now with AIB having announced they are reducing their rates, I would not fix. Presumably the other banks will have to follow suit.

They expecting the paperwork back before 22/11. I'm going to hang on till the last minute to see what happens with the market in the meanwhile.
Your answers are very much appreciated. Thank you!

Back