Anyone going to the CAI AGM?

They were serious breaches of corporate governance in a membership organisation which receives state funding.

So what happens for serious breaches of corporate governance, I assume little or nothing. At least it doesn't matter as this organisation is very small and cannot harm anybody.

Who is responsible for ensuring corporate governance, and do they ever do anything.

Interesting point at the beginning about the auditors not knowing or realising or informing about when AGM's had to be held, not until Burgess raised a pertinent question. Who are those auditors? Of course maybe the guys running CAI misunderstood the date and it wasn't the auditors fault. You would think that auditors, being professionals and board members, being paid and being board members would know the basics.

I would be surprised if the auditors gave them misleading information about the AGM.

Well it seems to me that only when you asked a very specific question did anybody bother to find out whether the dates were ok.

What would have happened if they held it on the wrong date. I presume nothing.

PS: You've great faith in auditors.

The auditors are Crowe Horwath Bastow Charleton, Chartered accountants.

The accounts are for the year to 30.11.2013. they were signed by 2 directors on 10.4.2014 and signed by the auditors on 14.4.2014. The last AGM was held in the Spring of 2013.

How is it that these auditors can file the accounts (I now have a copy from the CRO) on 15.4.2014 when they must know that no AGM has been held at which these accounts could be formally adopted by the members (who should have received the accounts 21 days before the AGM)?

What do the accounts, that you downloaded from the CRO, say about their financial position?

Is it not the companies responsibility to file the accounts?

What do the accounts, that you downloaded from the CRO, say about their financial position?

Is it not the companies responsibility to file the accounts?

Surplus for the year €39,773.

salaries €151,426 for 3 staff - reckon thats €100,000 min pa for Jewell and the balance shared between the other two. Less than Angela kerins though!

yes it is the company's responsibility to comply with filing requirement but the auditors generally do it as part of the fee/ Incidentally the auditors fee increased from €7000 (18 months accs to 30.11.2012) to €8,000 for the year to 30.11.2013. Why isn't CAI complaining about audit fees!!!!!

Can anyone confirm the rumour that the CAI AGM is on June 23 in Cork?

No directors Cork Based so lots of expenses attending.

Any members in Cork?!!!

Quorum likely?

Hi Brenda

Well spotted. I had emailed them asking to be informed and I received no reply. I thought I had checked the May issue of Consumer Choice and had seen no mention of it. But it's there now.

I have extracted the page on the attached. It does say that "Postal Invitations will issue directly to members"

As it happens I have some other meetings to arrange in Cork, so I will be attending.

Brendan

Attachments

• Notice of 2014 AGM.pdf
    267.2 KB · Views: 24
Postal notice of AGM

Received a letter yesterday.

Meeting June 23rd in Cork at 12:30pm.
Ambassador Hotel.

They no longer appear to have my email address.

Sunday Times today reports that CAI did not get the €45,000 funding on offer and neither did any of the other applicants. Not good news for CAI to announce at their AGM in Cork tomorrow. Unlikely there will be many members there to hear the bad news.

Brendan, I hope you are still able to go.

Back