Paint or not Paint Mahogony display cabinet

sophie

Any help as to how I can paint an existing dark coloured mahogony
Rossmore display cabinet to cream colour. Would I be better off getting
a professional to do it? Any reccommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I asked a similar question recently about mahogany chairs...cant post the link at the moment but do a search on painting mahogany chairs and you might find it. HTH

I suggest that you do not use a brush. Brush marks will cheapen the look, spray it or at least use a roller, the small 6 inch type

My husband painted a Rossmore cabinet last year. It turned out excellent. The room seems brighter now.
He used a small roller. First he put a coat of white undercoat and when thoroughly dry applied a top coat of Antique White Satinwood, Dulux. Good luck Browtal

I suggest that you do not use a brush. Brush marks will cheapen the look, spray it or at least use a roller, the small 6 inch type
you have to be joking,how many people have spent a fortune on getting their kitchens and furniture hand painted...

you have to be joking,how many people have spent a fortune on getting their kitchens and furniture hand painted...

Done properly you are correct but done badly then you'd be better off getting it sprayed

Would the cost of getting it professionally sprayed not be prohibative?

we painted our cabinet last year and it turned out super.

used zinsser cover stain primer.

it helps the new paint to stick.

sorry now but i dont really know much about DIY but i think the point was that we didnt have to sand the unit. Literally put on the primer then 2 coats of a paint suitable for wood. put both on with a small paintbrush.

everyone admires it!

actually we may have used 2 coats of the primer...can ask husband later if you need to know.

we just moved it into our kitchen and took our time. took a couple of nights but no more than a week.

Back