Handyman cost

S

suzzybab

My garden is a bit hilly so water gathers at the end on the paving when it rains. The garden is also mucky days after it has rained. So handy man suggested

(1)he would put three pipes in the garden floor to stop the water flowing

down, and says this should also keep the garden dry.

(2) He is going to put sealant in the corner of my shower tray.

(3) Grout on bathroom floor not properly done. So he's going to add
new grout to the floor tiles.

He's charging E200 for everything including materials and workmanship. My question is ...am i being ripped off or am i getting VFM. As i ve never hired a handyman and don't know how much they charge.

Without being smart, E200 for a dry garden, no muck, sealed shower tray and properly grouted tiles - what do you think?

Thanks a mill for your reply Baldyman27.
I ll take that for a good deal.
Like i said, i ve never used a handy man and have no idea what they charge.
And so i needed to find out if i was getting a very good deal. Value for my money or if i was being ripped off.
I ll jump at it then.

Good thinking mathepac. But problem is how do i know the people who have used this guy so i can get recommendations from them. Any ideas?

I would say that on first impressions it sounds a bit too good to be true.

The materials for the storm drains in the garden could cost that much...assuming he is doing a comprehensive job.

Just check where he is rerouting the excess water. If not routed correctly, i.e towards a manhole somewhere, all he will do is divert the problem to some other prt of the garden.

He finished the job today, all looks OK. So l am waiting for it to rain to know if the problem has indeed been permanently solved. So pray with me for some RAIN !!! :D

That's not nice tosullivan, was hoping you guys would keep your fingers crossed for me. In fairness now, the bathroom job was quite neat. The garden... can't tell yet. Not until the good weather's gone. Shouldn't be much longer.

i really hope that the job was a success but i would have used the garden hose to check it, grout jobs only minor

An awful lot of negativity in this one,why is that? Sounds like she got a good deal,fair play to u suzzybab

Back