Hillcrest Joinery Derry

Slates

Has anyone used Hillcrest Joinery in Derry, I'm getting a bad feeling and beford I part with my deposit I would like some feedback...

Regards
Slates

Just placed deposit with them today. Will keep you posted. Why the bad feeling???

Are you going upvc or hardwood? If Hardwood did you enquire as to which hardwood they use and is it suitable to our damp Irish weather athmosphere?

We're going with Hardwood. its a type of mahogony. which they say is far better suited to Irish climates than any of the soft wood options. Managed to get deposit down to 30% which I felt alot happier parting with than the 50% they initally requested.

Mahoganny would be better that softwood - but only marginally, Teak (iroko) is the best hardwood for Ireland, It gives a higher durability on the list of hardwood classification's. There are other posts with regard to this.

I was very close to going with Hillcrest. They have beautiful windows. However, I don't blame you for being edgy.
I eventually settled with a company in Omagh. They insisted on 50% upfront and the remainder on delivery (before the windows were taken off the truck!).
I got them installed and they are beautiful and great quality. Obviously there are some small snags. However, they have recently gone into liquidation so bang goes my snag list and my 10-year guarantee. It could be worse though.

They were a great company and far from gangsters (I am led to believe that a recent family bereavement significantly contributed to their closure).
Best of Luck either way

They insisted on 50% upfront and the remainder on delivery (before the windows were taken off the truck!).
at this point you held all the aces. they had windows specific to your house and you should have held back at least 10% to cover snag. they wouldn't have left without fitting them

Back