hygro adjustable mechanical ventilation

K

koalvx

Hello everybody,
We are building our house at the moment and we want to install mechanical ventilation, but the heat recovery one is too complicated, expensive and requires a lot of maintenance
We would like the hygro-adjustable mechanical ventilation (single flow, sometimes called "smart" cmv, so I read)
But we just can't seem to find any professional who sell or install it... ???
has anybody ever heard about that system?
do you know what it's like to install yourself?
do you know where we could find it?
at what price?
thank you for your help
koalvx

IMHO fitting a mechanical ventilation system without a heat recovery aspect is economic folly...

as for 'hygro adjustable'... is that just another way of saying "the more water vapour, the more the rate of extraction".... is so then its nothing new or complicated...

nothing new or complicated ok, but nobody seemes to do it... :??:

why economic foly? can you give your arguments please?

simply because if you are going to teh effort of design, manufacture, ducting, power supply, unit installation etc... for a cmv, not to have a small heat recovery unit built in doesnt make sense. a heat recovery unit could save you 75% on your heating costs (depending on the efficiency of the system). this is a very significant economic saving by any calculation.

most HRV systems i have seen have a booster setting for use after baths / showers etc.... this could be considered 'hygro adjustable'...
#

have you any quotes yet for a simple ventilation system with no heat recovery....

ive seen prices for MRHV as low as €5000 for a 3000 sq ft dwelling....

thank you for your answer
but, after spending 30000 euros minimum on the heating system (geothermal/UFH) with a tight budget, 5000 euros extra is a lot of money!
that's why we definitely want to install something cheaper or the HRV, but by ourselves. but the engineering part seems very complicated...
for a quote for a simple ventilation system, we got none cause we didn't find anybody who would waste their time doing it: not interesting enough for them financially, I suppose!
any tip on how to install the HRV ourselves? how much would materials cost (2500sq ft)? and where can we buy them?

thank you for your answer
but, after spending 30000 euros minimum on the heating system (geothermal/UFH) with a tight budget, 5000 euros extra is a lot of money!
that's why we definitely want to install something cheaper or the HRV, but by ourselves. but the engineering part seems very complicated...
for a quote for a simple ventilation system, we got none cause we didn't find anybody who would waste their time doing it: not interesting enough for them financially, I suppose!
any tip on how to install the HRV ourselves? how much would materials cost (2500sq ft)? and where can we buy them?

if your are technically and practically minded you could install the ducting and outlets / inlets yourself.... not easy but certainly do-able...

the units themsevles are self contained, so would need to be installed and commissioned by the supplier / manufacturer..

the best value ive seen so far is this crowd...
http://www.controlaer.com/products/heat-recovery-sunwarm.html

they do the nuaire system.... most importantly its SAP Q assessed and accrediated.

if you can get the system for 4000-5000 i would highly recommend it... but obviously everyone has a budget...
otherwise you are heating the air in a room by your geothermal and heat pump, only to be extracting that heated air directly to the external... if you install a mhrv sytem with an efficiency of 92% then in theory you will be saving 92% on your heating bills....

ps ive nothing to do with any supplier / manufacturer...

im an architectural technician who designs and specifies dwellings...

Back