Its4women: quoted €100 less than axa; anyone insured with them?

This is one of the brands owned by MCL Insurance.I was with 25plus.ie .In July when I was trying to renew,they were simply uncontactable by phone email or webchat.
If you are getting a loan car in a garage and need to transfer your insurance,you need to do it now,not in 3-4 days when they get back to you.
There is also a thread on boards with exactly the same problem.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92686402

Many thanks Vandriver,

I've since done a little more research on the net and found other discussions about this company, all saying the same thing - that the customer service is not very good.

I guess this may be one of those occassions where you get what you pay for !

Don't use its4women.ie they may be cheap and there is a reason, they are rubbish. You can't get a hold of a person without it costing a fortune they don't get back to emails. the AA are brilliant, they were going to charge me 100 more and I wish I went with them. They were helpful, always available and the calls were charged locally. I've spent over 30 euro trying to sort things out with its4women.ie as MrEarl says "if it looks to good to be true........." Cheaper isn't always better

Funny,

My wife has since gone with the AA and while it's very early days, the initial experience with customer service has been excellent (hopefully, she will never need to find out about the claim side of things)....

I was with its for women for a few years but I changed this year as I wanted to ask something, phoned on numerous occasions and couldn't get a reply

Its4women provides appalling customer service. No flexibility, terrible communications, no customised responses to queries. Phone calls cost €10, chatlines not properly staffed and cannot communicate by email. Definitely not recommended.

I was insured with 25plus.ie for one year and I thanked my lucky stars I never had to deal with them for a claim during that time. It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get a person on the phone to discuss anything with them, they say they have a chat online function on their website but it's never online even during the times it's supposed to be.

I initally bought the policy online and realised afterwards that two items on the policy document were incorrect, the simple act of trying to get them corrected was unbelievably hard. They also sent me emails saying I hadn't sent them half of the required documents but yet they had received the other half that were sent in the same envelope. Joke.

I would 100% pay the difference for another insurer who is actually contactable than deal with these or its4women again. God help anyone who actually has any real issues to deal with them for.

25plus.ie have absolutely appalling customer service, fully agree on that. I'd never go through them again.

My wife has been insured with them for the last 4 years.
She had a claim which was dealt with quickly and fairly.
Customer service can be a bit hit and miss but far superior to dealing with than AA who I am currently insures through.
I will move my policy to a proper broker at renewal as I am now prepared to pay that bit extra to get some proper customer service

Steer well clear of this company!!! Ive been with them for a year, and had nothing but trouble.. They may be cheap, but the reason is they are a nightmare to contact,impossible to contact by phone, you wait more than 24 hours for a reply, you can send requested info and they claim they didn't receive it, they request documents sent by registered post only, costing nearly E10 a time and they are generally crap!!! I will not be using them again, i wouldn't recommend them and i am going to report them to the appropriate authorities when i find out where to go!!! trying to change my insurance onto my new car, have sent the details, and they claim that my account is not connected with my online account so they cant sort out my policy??? They've been taking money every month from my account, and ive had nothing to say my policy is cancelled, im tearing my hair out!!! I've never delt with such an incompetent company...:mad::mad::mad:

Its4women.ie maybe cheaper but look out for the hidden extras like they charge everytime u get a car from the garage €20.30 each time. so if ur car is in for a service u will have to pay each time. it may look cheaper but it works out dearer in the long run so BEWARE

Just to give a different view, we switched to them this year and found the process fine.

No issues so far. It appears to be Ryanairesque, where if you play by the rules, things are fine.

Sorry I have to report horrid experience of not being able to communicate with them in order to change insurance to new car. Several hours with me and salesman trying various modes of contact. Spoiled pleasure of taking delivery of car... had to leave in a rush into busy traffic and rain.

Re: Its4women: quoted €100 less than axa; anyone insured with them?

Its4women.ie maybe cheaper but look out for the hidden extras like they charge everytime u get a car from the garage €20.30 each time. so if ur car is in for a service u will have to pay each time. it may look cheaper but it works out dearer in the long run so BEWARE
Seems to be an echo (all the way from 2009 to 2016) here?!?
As mentioned earlier providing a replacement car while the main one is in for a regular service sounds odd.
But if they do this and specify that there is a charge then what's the problem?

My insurance is up for renewal, I've been with Axa for years yet when I shoped around Its4women were 100eu less and Axa could'nt match it. Just wondering if anyone here is insured with Its4women? Does anyone know anything about them. Thanks

Be very careful I got insurance from them in jan 16 all ok, part of the booking the policy is a document called a statement of fact, on it stated my excess was 150 . My wife had an accident they now they say excess is 450 . normal excess is 300 plus 150 that we added buying the policy. we thought when buying the policy we were changing excess to 150. Its cleverly done so most people don't realise that the excess referred to in the statement of fact document does not relate to the ordinary excess.

It's done this way to catch you out, as they know most people are not very familiar with insurance terminology. I think its a nasty trick.
So the quotes might appear good but not always the case I would stay away when they up to this kind trickery.

Be very careful I got insurance from them in jan 16 all ok, part of the booking the policy is a document called a statement of fact, on it stated my excess was 150 . My wife had an accident they now they say excess is 450 . normal excess is 300 plus 150 that we added buying the policy. we thought when buying the policy we were changing excess to 150. Its cleverly done so most people don't realise that the excess referred to in the statement of fact document does not relate to the ordinary excess.

It's done this way to catch you out, as they know most people are not very familiar with insurance terminology. I think its a nasty trick.
So the quotes might appear good but not always the case I would stay away when they up to this kind trickery.

I hate to see someone spending good money that they really shouldn't have to - but I strongly recommend you stay with your existing provider. There is a huge amount of pain trying to communicate and deal with even the slightest query or issues of any sort. You can plan nothing with this organisation - if you need to communicate with them about absolutely anything at all - e.g if you wanted to transfer cover to a replacement car, you will need to notify them by iMessage (their proprietary online email within their portal) - then you need to wait for confirmation - at the moment I am experiencing a three day wait between mails/messages - a two to three wait for phonecalls back - Just do yourself a favour, it'll be the best € 100 you spend this year, but if you do you won't realise why - if you don't spend the extra € 100 and if you move to them, I hope you don't end up realising the why ..... Best of luck

Stay well away from this crowd, I changed car in June and got an online quote for €200 less than my current provider so I bought the policy and it was a BIG mistake! They requested the usual signed direct debit mandate, no claims discount etc...so I sent them all in. First problem was the no claims discount had a different registration than the car I was insuring (I changed car, what's the problem?), I have over 14 years no claims driving behind me, 5 with my previous insurer which is stated clearly on the NCD which I sent into them. They claimed that I only have 4 years NCD because there was an 8 day overlap in the cancellation of my previous insurance and the start date of the policy I bought from them so they were requesting an additional €655 to cover me! I tried for weeks to get things sorted but like everybody else is saying, customer service is abismal. I informed them that I was going on holidays for 2 weeks and needed to get this sorted before I go, they decided while I was away to CANCEL my policy thus leaving my car uninsured while I was out of the country. I tried to call them but the number wouldn't ring from abroad (1890), I emailed but got no reply other than notification of the cancellation, I iMessaged requesting call backs but all I got were text messages 24hrs later to say I had a missed call (no such thing).....anybody thinking of going with this shower do yourself a favour and stay well clear!

Back