Will banks be aware of my mortgage

Mick1979

Hi all,

I just got a copy of my credit rating report from the Iris Credit Bureau and I'm surprised that my existing EBS mortgage is not listed.

If I were to apply for a second mortgage to buy another property and I didn't mention the existing mortgage....would this be picked up on, given that its not on the ICB report?

Thanks!!

No, possibly not. However you will have to sign a doc stating you have given accurate and truthful information.

Presume your new application is not with the same bank !!

It will as you will have to provide Bank statements, the direct debit repayment will be there.

Hi Mick - im in the same boat where my EBS mortgage and my arrears dont appear on the ICB.

What I would like to know from others is this - if I get a judgement on this property, or an installment order, will that not appear on my ICB? Surely at that stage the bank will realise and inform the ICB that my details need to be updated.

Thanks lads,

Well my plan was to open a new current account, "groom" my accounts for 6 months and then apply with a new bank!

Fair point about signing the document!!

Munchy, I would have thought that judgements/arrears would be registered but perhaps not!

The ICB does not record judgements, installment orders or committal orders.

The ICB does not record judgements, installment orders or committal orders.

Im very surprised by this as they record them on the UK credit reports and these defaults would be important issues.

Well my plan was to open a new current account, "groom" my accounts for 6 months and then apply with a new bank!

Have a read of the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act, 2001, you'll be amazed at what it contains!!!

To conceal certain transactions that would be on another account.

That part of it I understand, but he's trying to get a second mortgage/loan without informing the bank he already has a loan and that's is not a good idea as he may not be able to service more borrowing.

Back