advice on dealing with EA

snowy

hey everyone ,

situation is as follows.

Ive put an offer on a house and EA said he'd get back to me that day or the next after contacting the seller. Its now been 6 days and Ive heard nothing.

these are my opinions

• seller is still thinking about offer
  • seller turned it down / accepted but EA forgot to ring
  • EA is trying to make me sweat and waiting for me to ring
  • EA cant get in touch with seller
As far as I know theyre are no other interested parties and the EA agent rang me quite a few times over the 2/3 weeks when I viewewd it.

So should I sweat it out and do nothing or ring the EA and see what the situation is ? Jeez , this is like being 16 and waiting for a boy to call :)

has anyone got any advice / opinions ?

(3) EA is trying to make you sweat.
If you ring him back too soon it means you are keen and will probably offer more money.

However, you could ring him up and say someone else came back to you about another house you were outbid on a few months ago, as the sale fell through (if they ask where it is say you don't want to say as it hasn't officially been put back up for sale yet), but you just wondered what was the story with the house you offered on, as you now need to weigh up your options?

Don't just ring up with no card to play or they'll wring another 10k at least out of you.
There's other threads on negotiations with EA in the Key Posts thread.

Presume you checked on www.irishpropertywatch.com to see how long its on the market and all that.

Ring the EA and put an expiry date on your offer. As the previous poster said, tell him there is another property you are interested in and you can only let your current offer stand until close of business the next day as you want to make an offer on it.

thanks a mill guys !

im going to put a call in tommorow to the EA and put a deadline in for close on Thursday .

Ive researched the house etc its on the market 6 weeks , no offers . Ive gone in at 40 % below .

fingers crossed ...but if it doesnt happen theres plenty more houses to see

I worked out how much the work needed would cost and took it away from what i thought i would pay for it in perfect nick. I also factored in a few grand to negotiate with. I stress tested the repayments at 8% interest and I could cope. So it seemed like a good price to me , but obviously not to the ea or seller

still trying to work up the courage to ring ea this morning :eek:

Back